Jackson

Jackson

Seagulls

Do they add any value to the island, now the Island is seen a lot less as a sea side destination.
Should firm action be taken to remove/prevent nests etc being established on commercial or residential property. No one should have fear opening a sandwich!

Let’s keep them to the shoreline and away from people homes

20 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Seagulls

Do they add any value to the island, now the Island is seen a lot less as a sea side destination.
Should firm action be taken to remove/prevent nests etc being established on commercial or residential property. No one should have fear opening a sandwich!

They won't stay near the shore as we have removed all their natural food source.

It's not so much removing their food-sources but offering them alternative ones. There's easier pickings around towns and cities, when landfill tips are used to dispose of nearly everything, the gull populations explode. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jackson said:

Seagulls

Let's get rid of people, that would solve all the world's problems.

• Like 2

My neighbour feeds them.  Now I can't eat outside my own house for fear of being mobbed.  When I was a kid from the Midlands making an annual trip to the coast for a seaside holiday it was thrilling to see and hear them.  Now I hate the things, particularly the one that pecks my bedroom skylight incessantly as dawn brakes.

Stop protecting them unless they are on the beach or at sea.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, war baby said:

My neighbour feeds them.  Now I can't eat outside my own house for fear of being mobbed.  When I was a kid from the Midlands making an annual trip to the coast for a seaside holiday it was thrilling to see and hear them.  Now I hate the things, particularly the one that pecks my bedroom skylight incessantly as dawn brakes.

Stop protecting them unless they are on the beach or at sea.

Stop the human overpopulation, waste and destruction of their natural food sources and balance may return.

They have as much right as you or I to exist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2bees said:

I love my next door neighbour but I have a feeling he is feeding the gulls, relationship statuses can change. 

You can feed the gulls too. Try putting some fish paste or similar on your neighbour's car roof.

17 minutes ago, Barlow said:

You can feed the gulls too. Try putting some fish paste or similar on your neighbour's car roof.

Best thing is white bread soaked in milk.

It’s the van dwellers last course of revenge when another van dweller has pissed them off  

Wait till they go out at night and throw squeezed out handfuls of bread and milk, and throw them onto their roof.

Go to bed and wait till sun comes up and the gulls all arrive for their breakfast.  

• Haha 2