Covid Booster jabs

Cassie2

Booster vaccines are to be offered to 32 million Britons starting early next month with up to 2,000 pharmacies set to deliver the programme (to enable GPs and other NHS staff to handle patients waiting for other treatments etc) with nearly 2.5million third doses a week to be delivered starting in the first week of September. All 50+ adults and others vulnerable will be offered a booster.

24 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What evidence is there of the need?

Turns out the nanobots we were all injected with have faulty batteries that run out within 9 months. The second generation will hopefully last a little longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cassie2 said:

Booster vaccines are to be offered to 32 million Britons starting early next month with up to 2,000 pharmacies set to deliver the programme (to enable GPs and other NHS staff to handle patients waiting for other treatments etc) with nearly 2.5million third doses a week to be delivered starting in the first week of September. All 50+ adults and others vulnerable will be offered a booster.

We will have to await the finer details.  Will it be an alternative make to the one you have been doubled jabbed with, will the booster be a second generation to take into account the variants that have since emerged?  

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

You raise a good valid point, but your not going to win any arguments over this next stage. The Clinicians say it’s recommended so it will be done. The question is, will it be W swift booster roll out, or a typical Manx Affair? Will there need to be extra work done at Chester Street?  

• Like 1

There are deaths happening in the 2+2 groups.

The worry is that new variant may soon emerge. China is going flat out to stamp out new infections I see.

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

Not at any rate above normal, another round of jabs is unlikely to have much impact there. I'd maybe expect boosters next year, this seems a bit early to me. Having had a very quick read up it seems that the plan might be to offer AZ receivers a shot of pfizer, or whatever, not a reformulated booster, so just an attempt to trigger a further immune response. Which seems unnecessary. 

Plenty showing the efficacity of the vaccine drops over time, you know how to use the internet?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Apple said:

The worry is that new variant may soon emerge. China is going flat out to stamp out new infections I see.

There are deaths happening amongst people wearing seatbelts in cars, even those other airbags fitted.

Turns out that in the UK more people are killed in cars while wearing seatbelts than people who weren’t wearing seatbelts!!!

What does that tell you?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Plenty showing the efficacity of the vaccine drops over time, you know how to use the internet?

I know how to use the internet. There is currently no definitive evidence (that I'm aware of having had a bit of a look) that a booster is actually required at this time. Lots of speculation though. There was a story out of Israel suggesting that things were dropping off but that has been widely questioned as to its accuracy. They seem to be ploughing ahead with 3rd dose plans anyway.

They'd be better off giving those doses they've presumably got on order to a country that needs them.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

They're talking about giving out the flu jab at the same time, one in each arm - a double whammy jabby.

That's what I'm expecting in a couple of months (will be 64 then). I had AstraZeneca and will receive the Pfizer booster.