Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

6 minutes ago, Declan said:

So their theory is a man will be resurrected from the dead to run as Trump's Vice President? That would be the most  spectacular thing anyone has ever done and he's going to settle for Vice President. 

Yup JFK Jesus would play second fiddle to Trump.  These people are amazing. 

I'm convinced someone made this whole thing up as a joke and then it all got a little bit out of hand. 

29 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'm convinced someone made this whole thing up as a joke and then it all got a little bit out of hand

Most conspiracy theories started out the same way. The Illuminati theory started out as someone trying to discredit conspiracy theories by making one as crazy and implausible as they could.

45 minutes ago, Declan said:

So their theory is a man will be resurrected from the dead to run as Trump's Vice President? That would be the most  spectacular thing anyone has ever done and he's going to settle for Vice President. 

It'd make a great movie though. 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Chinahand said:

The first 7 minutes of this episode of More or Less explains the details of COVID deaths. To be blind to the deaths of 10s of thousands of diabetics and people with similar underlying conditions who would be expected to live worthwhile lives for many decades if it had not been for COVID is typical of the willful blindness, and inhumanity, of these deniers. They also don't understand that pneumonia and other consequences of an original COVID infection are also listed on the cause of death. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0013r9w

Moving this to a more appropriate location after deniers tried to derail the Holocaust Memorial thread with their distortions.

I use two good sources of information to try to understand the magnitude of deaths Covid has brought.

Firstly there is this excellent source from the ONS.

Especially go to page 3 and look at the excess deaths for particular age groups.

Here's the figures for 24-49 years old:

image.thumb.png.c46ccdb4a5f22839af0857701c3f688c.png

Regularly as the epidemic raged close to 200 extra 25-49 year olds were dying each week - that is a 50% increase in the number of these people dying compared to a normal year.

Deniers, like Broom for a brain, wish to just pretend this is all just propaganda, while the reality is a nasty and vicious disease which not only killed but also nearly brought our health systems to collapse with resulting complications and deaths for those unable to receive the care they needed.

To put things into a broader picture I use EuroMono

Here's the impact of the epidemic on 24-49 year olds at a pan European level:

image.thumb.png.043f84484657f31a5502b7125dd6eb52.png

Thousands of additional deaths of people in their prime middle years.

When you look at the cumulative figures they are sobering:

image.thumb.png.adcf81d66b4803891df84760455050fb.png

In 2021 50,000 excess deaths in just this age group alone, in 2020 30,000.

It is true that most of the death is in the elderly, and when you look at the whole population figures they are stark with over 700,000 deaths across 29 European countries:

image.thumb.png.de373f36f83513633502924478616b0d.png

I think it is truly monstrous that Broom for brains wishes to dismiss the deaths of 100s of thousands of frail elderly people who have born the brunt of the epidemic, but beyond that Covid has taken many thousands of people in their prime.

Thank goodness for medical science and international collaboration which rapidly learnt how to best treat and control this disease and provide an evidence base for the politicians to make their hard decisions.

Deniers wish to deny and hold their sad grudges.  I am firmly on the side of those patiently and carefully (though not without mistakes and flaws, for we are all too human) gather and use evidence to defeat the pandemic.  Vaccinations have saved millions of lives, and sadly have caused some through rare side effects.  It is only due to the work of organisations like the ONS and EuroMono we've been able to identify this and bring in protocols and recommendations reducing side-effects.  The deniers wish to cherry pick, exaggerating one set of data while ignoring others.

Sickening.  But luckily they are pretty powerless. Here's to the statisticians and scientists showing the deniers are wrong and showing the best path out of this terrible time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Not directly related to anti-vax, but one of their number has recently been in Court.  Worth quoting in full for its consistent loopiness:

A 58-year-old woman has been given a conditional discharge after admitting failing to complete an income tax return and pay a £875 fine despite warnings.

Shem Heather Allanson appeared in court on Thursday after being arrested by police on a warrant and spending time in custody.

She initially refused to speak to magistrates, but then read from a piece of paper saying: ’I am a living woman. You are trespassing upon me.’

She claimed that the Isle of Man Courts of Justice were trying to force a contract and that she had been ’kidnapped’ and ’incarcerated’.

She said: ’I require you to desist and restore my freedom.’

After refusing to enter a plea to the tax offence, magistrates entered a not guilty plea on her behalf.

Allanson said: ’I’m not Ms Allanson. I’m not a legal fiction. I’m a living woman. The income tax division doesn’t have a contract. You are using coercion with menaces to try and force a contract. You can’t act on my behalf. I don’t wish to make a plea. There is no case.’

A trial date was fixed for February 11 and Allanson was told she would be remanded in prison until that date as she had not responded when asked if she wanted to make a bail application.

However, after spending further time in custody downstairs at the courthouse, Allanson asked for her case to be called back on. She initially said she would enter a guilty plea under duress but was told this was not acceptable and any guilty plea would have to be of her own free will, otherwise the not guilty plea would remain.

She then entered a guilty plea.

The court heard that Allanson had failed to submit a tax return for the period ending April 5, 2019.

In September 2021 she was given a further one month to file the return but had failed to do so and had also failed to pay a fine of £875.

In court she claimed she had thought that the income tax liability was only when she signed the form so she had not signed it, believing it was not a contract.

She said she had declined two summons’ that were sent, in a way she thought had been lawful, so she said she was shocked when police had come to ’bash my door down’.

Magistrates reminded Allanson that the order to submit the income tax return and pay the fine was still in place.

She agreed to pay the £875 fine at a rate of £200 per month.

You will be unsurprised to discover that she is a 'nutritionist'.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I went on an excel course taught by her at the college a couple of years ago. Amongst the nonsense she was spouting was that the wildfires in Australia occurring at that time were deliberate deforestation for a secret tunnel from Australia to China. She also took every opportunity to push her ‘common law’ agenda, including ‘facts’ such as you don’t own any of your property and the government can’t force you to register your car. I wish that I had complained about her at the time. As a middle aged person I was able to dismiss her loony ramblings, but if she was also teaching impressionable young people, she was a danger to them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I went on an excel course taught by her at the college a couple of years ago. Amongst the nonsense she was spouting was that the wildfires in Australia occurring at that time were deliberate deforestation for a secret tunnel from Australia to China. She also took every opportunity to push her ‘common law’ agenda, including ‘facts’ such as you don’t own any of your property and the government can’t force you to register your car. I wish that I had complained about her at the time. As a middle aged person I was able to dismiss her loony ramblings, but if she was also teaching impressionable young people, she was a danger to them.

Yes I’ve heard her ramblings and dismissed them but as you say she is a loony tune and could influence the easily impressionable.

Do the college not perform some basic due diligence on these people and / or assess their suitability l?

Worst case scenario in the climate these days,  could they not leave themselves open to some sort of legal action if one of her students took her opinions at face value and as a result indulged in illegal actions?Lower end of scale not registering your car, Higher end who knows?

Maybe they are insured against such things so are not really bothered. But they really should do some sort of vetting, of the people they employ.

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

She once told me her IQ increased by 20 points when she gave up gluten. Presumably it was negative prior to that.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not directly related to anti-vax, but one of their number has recently been in Court.  Worth quoting in full for its consistent loopiness:

A 58-year-old woman has been given a conditional discharge after admitting failing to complete an income tax return and pay a £875 fine despite warnings.

Shem Heather Allanson appeared in court on Thursday after being arrested by police on a warrant and spending time in custody.

She initially refused to speak to magistrates, but then read from a piece of paper saying: ’I am a living woman. You are trespassing upon me.’

She claimed that the Isle of Man Courts of Justice were trying to force a contract and that she had been ’kidnapped’ and ’incarcerated’.

She said: ’I require you to desist and restore my freedom.’

After refusing to enter a plea to the tax offence, magistrates entered a not guilty plea on her behalf.

Allanson said: ’I’m not Ms Allanson. I’m not a legal fiction. I’m a living woman. The income tax division doesn’t have a contract. You are using coercion with menaces to try and force a contract. You can’t act on my behalf. I don’t wish to make a plea. There is no case.’

A trial date was fixed for February 11 and Allanson was told she would be remanded in prison until that date as she had not responded when asked if she wanted to make a bail application.

However, after spending further time in custody downstairs at the courthouse, Allanson asked for her case to be called back on. She initially said she would enter a guilty plea under duress but was told this was not acceptable and any guilty plea would have to be of her own free will, otherwise the not guilty plea would remain.

She then entered a guilty plea.

The court heard that Allanson had failed to submit a tax return for the period ending April 5, 2019.

In September 2021 she was given a further one month to file the return but had failed to do so and had also failed to pay a fine of £875.

In court she claimed she had thought that the income tax liability was only when she signed the form so she had not signed it, believing it was not a contract.

She said she had declined two summons’ that were sent, in a way she thought had been lawful, so she said she was shocked when police had come to ’bash my door down’.

Magistrates reminded Allanson that the order to submit the income tax return and pay the fine was still in place.

She agreed to pay the £875 fine at a rate of £200 per month.

You will be unsurprised to discover that she is a 'nutritionist'.

Before you judge a person, walk a mile in their shoes...

Clown-shoes.jpg

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, HeliX said:

She once told me her IQ increased by 20 points when she gave up gluten. Presumably it was negative prior to that.

Gluten bungs you up, didn't you know?  Give it up and all kinds of shite issues forth.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

"Common Law Court listed nutritionist". What does that even mean?

It means they have been conned into believing all the "freeman" and "sovereign citizen" bullshit and have probably paid money to someone to register themselves as such (despite it seeming contradictory to their beliefs).

• Like 1