How did MR carry an untrue story that the Medical Director had been fired for giving evidence to Tynwald PAC

buncha wankas

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes I would say that David Ashford would be one of the favourites to get the position.

Most of the electorate (the majority of MF contributors apart, inexplicably) recognize and appreciate his efforts and the difficulties he has had to overcome to deal with this pandemic.

They don’t tend to make snide remarks about his appearance and pronunciation but judge him on his actions.

(Cue for some idiot to bring up him shredding correspondence which has been done to death)

Ah yes, and he is so full of integrity isn't he.

Like his world record-holding best mate who's had COVID 4 times.

You seem to be his biggest fan, what did you and Ashy have for dinner last night? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darkness Incarnate said:

Ah yes, and he is so full of integrity isn't he.

Like his world record-holding best mate who's had COVID 4 times.

You seem to be his biggest fan, what did you and Ashy have for dinner last night? 

And if he did have some integrity, all the times we've seen Howard himself making preposterous, blatantly untrue claims and idiotic statements of self righteousness you'd think David would show some integrity and intervene?

Oh no wait he's just the current CM's lapdog in the hopes that he can progress back onto the Gravy Train next administration and gun for the role of top-dog. 

"Yes Chief Minister"

"Oh I'm so so so sorry Chief Minister" 

"Do you need me to polish your shoes again Chief Minister?!!" 

"Do you need me to wax your back and legs again Chief Minister?!"

Edited by Darkness Incarnate
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Darkness Incarnate said:

Are you that delusional though that you think he votes by his own, conscious mind every time?

This past CoMin has been under the absolute THUMB of Howard, we have seen how agitated, obtrusive and just sheer angry when somebody says something that puts him under the slightest of scrutiny or questions his integrity.

The old boys club KNOW that if they vote against what Howard wants or is pushing for they'll be in the doghouse.

Open your eyes and look at how, time and time again, Government is under scrutiny for the way they operate and supress people that just don't agree with the narrative from the top brass. 

So I quote a fact and you call me delusional 

You write a paragraph full of conjecture. What you write is probably true, but unlike my comment, is not fact.

So lay off with the insults.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

So I quote a fact and you call me delusional 

You write a paragraph full of conjecture. What you write is probably true, but unlike my comment, is not fact.

So lay off with the insults.

Yes I see myself of more of a sensationalist philanthropist to protect people from this Orwellian, dystopian government. 

I can envision the goings on within the dark chambers of CoMin. It doesn't take a genius to read between the lines. 

Ashford, to table an analogy,  strikes me as a top North Korean government official giving a statement and answering questions so hesitantly as he knows Kim's firing line (Howard's) has him in their sights

1 hour ago, Darkness Incarnate said:

And if he did have some integrity, all the times we've seen Howard himself making preposterous, blatantly untrue claims and idiotic statements of self righteousness you'd think David would show some integrity and intervene?

Oh no wait he's just the current CM's lapdog in the hopes that he can progress back onto the Gravy Train next administration and gun for the role of top-dog. 

"Yes Chief Minister"

"Oh I'm so so so sorry Chief Minister" 

"Do you need me to polish your shoes again Chief Minister?!!" 

"Do you need me to wax your back and legs again Chief Minister?!"

Very comprehensive reportage there but with one key omission…

…polish your shoes with my tongue…

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Very comprehensive reportage there but with one key omission…

…polish your shoes with my tongue…

Thought it was too sexually suggestive to report on Ashy's fetishes. 

Thank you for doing that for me. 

Alas, I shall now go and attempt to clear my mind of these nauseating images. 

Edited by Darkness Incarnate

13 hours ago, Gladys said:

There may be many of us on here who are deserving of that epithet, but not RM. 

The letter shredding incident showed up several flaws in the honourable member for Douglas North.  

2020 was a year when absolute trust in the truth and integrity of each word uttered by those imposing restrictions on everyday freedoms was vital.  He blew that trust to the four winds when he first waved the letter at a briefing and then shredded it under cover of that wonderful veil, GDPR.

Sadly, without a party political system that will give real scrutiny and accountability, these examples will persist. Granny-farming and parochial popularity contests will continue to deliver ineffective  politicians and the continued debacles that we are so familiar with. 

You’re right RM is not an idiot and neither are you and a number of others.

That’s why I get so frustrated with what, on occasion, comes across as visceral hatred of this regime, particularly Messrs Howard and Ashcroft.

It goes beyond reasoned criticism of their policies and actions. Yes disagree with those if you think they are wrong. Opinions should be expressed.

But I can’t understand the blanket criticism of everything they do. The attitude that they are doing it therefore it must be wrong.

It just seems so irrational.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That’s why I get so frustrated with what, on occasion, comes across as visceral hatred of this regime, particularly Messrs Howard and Ashcroft.

It goes beyond reasoned criticism of their policies and actions. Yes disagree with those if you think they are wrong. Opinions should be expressed.

But I can’t understand the blanket criticism of everything they do. The attitude that they are doing it therefore it must be wrong.

In a similar vein, I can’t understand how in your eyes they’re infallible. 

The truth, as ever, is somewhere in the middle. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes I would say that David Ashford would be one of the favourites to get the position.

Most of the electorate (the majority of MF contributors apart, inexplicably) recognize and appreciate his efforts and the difficulties he has had to overcome to deal with this pandemic.

They don’t tend to make snide remarks about his appearance and pronunciation but judge him on his actions.

(Cue for some idiot to bring up him shredding correspondence which has been done to death)

You have to be fucking joking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What policies? They put nothing before the electorate prior to the last election & appointed themselves to govern without any popular mandate whatsoever. Little wonder they were so derided

Quayle only got the CM job because hardly anyone wanted Cannan doing it

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Quayle only got the CM job because hardly anyone wanted Cannan doing it

Well it was 12 votes each in keys so not correct & it was the unelected legco who gave him the job.

Legco not involved this time, I think Chris Thomas is a good bet

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well it was 12 votes each in keys so not correct & it was the unelected legco who gave him the job.

Legco not involved this time, I think Chris Thomas is a good bet

ie. There wasn't a majority in the democratically elected House for either of them

& the unelected chamber put Quayle in office because they didn't want Cannan getting the job

Edited by SleepyJoe