Shortage of GPs

cissolt

10 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Hailwood seem to have one less GP now too

Dr Hopkinson retired in February this year after giving plenty of notice of that and also after postponing his original intention to retire considerably earlier.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, wrighty said:

I don’t. Haven’t seen a GP in over a decade, and before you suggest otherwise, neither do I make use of free unauthorized medical consultations with my mates. 

My mantra is to stay healthy by exercising, watching your weight, eating reasonably well, don’t smoke and don’t drink to excess. There’s no need to routinely monitor physiological parameters unless you actually feel ill.

A mantra most people would do well to follow. 

I'm not even registered with a GP. I'm keenly aware of slight changes to my health and if I feel something is awry I'll change a few things to correct it. Usually helps. I also pay to see a private dematologist every now and again just to give the old moles a once over. 

If everyone took ownership of their health we really wouldn't need to amount of GP's we have anyway.

1 hour ago, Cassie2 said:

Dr Hopkinson retired in February this year after giving plenty of notice of that and also after postponing his original intention to retire considerably earlier.

He was always miserable looking & gave the impression he would rather not be there.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Banker said:

He was always miserable looking & gave the impression he would rather not be there.

From your perspective.  From my perspective he was an experienced primary care colleague who made appropriate referrals into the hospital when necessary, and was good company on the occasional beer and curry nights out we had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

he'd rather not be having his time wasted by the stubbed toe and a bit of an ache brigade. i get why doctors can look like that sometimes and i don't blame them.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wrighty said:

From your perspective.  From my perspective he was an experienced primary care colleague who made appropriate referrals into the hospital when necessary, and was good company on the occasional beer and curry nights out we had.

On the very rare occasions I troubled Bert professionally, I found him to be one of the best. Mrs Sheldon was actually quite distraught when she found out he'd retired.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

He probably was not interested in how Jersey/Guernsey/Post office were better than anywhere else.

I would look miserable too listening to you for 10 minutes.

• Haha 2