Laxey Duck Race

NoTailT

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Where do these pompous speaking Laxey lot get the idea that companies should spend £200 on a bloody duck?

https://www.islandlife.im/community-pages/laxey-duck-race-preview.php

I’m pondering that as well. 

What’s got me wondering is the lack of action from Rob Callister - not in his role of wannabe re-elected MHK, but as custodian of the rights to the TT. Listening to the interview the use of TT is clearly mentioned, and Bushys appear to have appropriated ‘again’ the use of TT as part of the race. Remembering of course last time they used the initials and the ensuing rumpus and farce that followed. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’m pondering that as well. 

What’s got me wondering is the lack of action from Rob Callister - not in his role of wannabe re-elected MHK, but as custodian of the rights to the TT. Listening to the interview the use of TT is clearly mentioned, and Bushys appear to have appropriated ‘again’ the use of TT as part of the race. Remembering of course last time they used the initials and the ensuing rumpus and farce that followed. 

Sure the Quayles department for enterprise will clamp down and demand royalties from every bastard duck.

I did wonder if they polluted the water with these and then I saw they have to waste the fire service time collecting them. Just do pooh sticks.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Haha 1

watch out, make sure boot and his trigger happy, tweed wearing mates are not about, not one of those poor rubber duckies will not make it to the end of the river.......................................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Just do pooh sticks.

Such is the lamentable state of sewage treatment I rather think the the ducks will be competing with plenty of pooh sticks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having looked at this event I will give it some credit for the fact that the organisers have worked to get sponsors without resorting to the ‘go to Domestic Events Fund’ and or other funding from the Starship Enterprise. 3fm are heavily promoting this event. Manx Radio meanwhile are celebrating that they have brought over the Red Arrows. That’s nice, but it’s taxpayer funded via the Domestic Events Fund and Starship Enterprise. So some Manx Businesses have been denied Covid Relief funding but at least they can be entertained by the Red Arrows.