Brexit Penny Dropping?

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sticking his nose in or being invited to offer his views and opinions?

We all have the right to opine on issues, elected politicians or not, irrespective of jurisdiction.

Voltaire and all that.

Had he not been thick enough to fall for the obvious pro IRA message then I doubt they would have asked him on the show.  

13 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Hopefully people realise that the "engineer of Brexit", "Sir Nige" isn't the sharpest tool in the box and is only interested in doing what benefits him.

Well that’s not actually true is it?

As the “engineer of Brexit” Mr Farage has delivered a benefit to the whole people of the UK not just himself.

Not an inconsiderable achievement I would suggest.

As regards those jolly japesters who are laughing into their handkerchiefs whilst wetting their pants because they caused him to say “Gerard” and “Brighton” in a pretend greeting, it’s their £70 or so that has left their pockets and ended up in his.

They certainly aren’t the sharpest tools in the box are they?

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well that’s not actually true is it?

As the “engineer of Brexit” Mr Farage has delivered a benefit to the whole people of the UK not just himself.

Not an inconsiderable achievement I would suggest.

@The Voice of Reason

Apparently the £350m per week to the NHS by Bozo's own admission has yet to materialise. If ever....

I noticed today Downing Street were trying to put a positive spin on the Liz Truss "negative benefit to the UK" trade deal with New Zealand. Notwithstanding that complete and utter failure what £positives has brexit brought to the Great British Public?

No speculative bollox please. Real £numbers.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, P.K. said:

@The Voice of Reason

Apparently the £350m per week to the NHS by Bozo's own admission has yet to materialise. If ever....

I noticed today Downing Street were trying to put a positive spin on the Liz Truss "negative benefit to the UK" trade deal with New Zealand. Notwithstanding that complete and utter failure what £positives has brexit brought to the Great British Public?

No speculative bollox please. Real £numbers.

Thanks.

I’m not sure you understand.

The Brexit vote was much more on a point of political principle (remember the slogan “ take back control “) than an economic one. An unwillingness to be subsumed into a giant European Super State with “ever closer union” and having to obey laws made in Brussels or Strasbourg 

Notwithstanding that there will undoubtedly be economic benefits to the UK of ploughing it’s own furrow. For example they will be able to exploit the possibilities afforded by GM foods which they could not do whilst in the EU

Sorry but I can’t quantify such benefits at this time.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m not sure you understand.

The Brexit vote was much more on a point of political principle (remember the slogan “ take back control “) than an economic one. An unwillingness to be subsumed into a giant European Super State with “ever closer union” and having to obey laws made in Brussels or Strasbourg 

Notwithstanding that there will undoubtedly be economic benefits to the UK of ploughing it’s own furrow. For example they will be able to exploit the possibilities afforded by GM foods which they could not do whilst in the EU

Sorry but I can’t quantify such benefits at this time.

Ah yes, the much hackneyed "The EU is set on world domination" etc etc

As a member of the EU ultimately we could veto any legislation we didn't like. The Norwegian Prime Minister visited the UK in 2016 and warned that you can't ignore the massive trading bloc on your doorstep and like Norway after brexit you will have to obey their rules without having a say in them. Quite correct. We have gone from a rule maker to a rule taker. Trading GM crops - don't think so. 

On Andrew Marr the other week Bozo said "The way forward for our country is not just to pull the lever marked uncontrolled immigration" etc  etc. This is a reference to "Taking back control of our borders" which is a sop to the hard of thinking. Because there has never been uncontrolled immigration to the UK.

EU citizens could travel here but it was never the free ride the brexiteers made it out to be. 

Article 7 of the EU Citizens' Rights Directive states that Member States can deport other EU citizens if they haven't found employment within 3 months and cannot demonstrate they have the financial means to support themselves. So between 2011 and 2018 Belgium kicked out more than fifteen thousand EU citizens.

Plus according to the ONS EU citizens in the UK contributed more £ to UK PLC than any other group. That includes the indigenous population. So all the "immigrants swamping local services" were just more lies for the hard of thinking. EU citizens actually had more right to use those services than any other group as they had contributed the most towards their upkeep.

Like millions of others you've been taken for a mug...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well, the penny (or rather the groszy) appears to be dropping in Poland

The picture in Poland is pretty complex but it is the ruling party that has the issue with EU membership and not the general population in the country.  https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/19/the-guardian-view-on-polands-hot-political-summer-changing-weather 

• Haha 1