Uk mobile contract in the IOM

Hi all

Do the UK SIM cards still work in the IOM without having to pay roaming charges.

Are there any data caps and does anyone have any suggestions on which provider works best these days?

I need the SIM for a spare phone for calls and data  ( with the ability to use it in the UK and maybe also roam ) 

My current local provider wants £12 a month to share my monthly allowance with a second SIM which seems to be a rip off.

A friend suggested 3 network and I tried to set up a contract. But was unable to pass their credit check.. I have a very good score otherwise and not sure if this is because of our location? 

Are there any alternatives to 3  that work here. ? 

Edited by mad_manx
Spelling

I'm not sure about other providers but I pay very expensive roaming charges with my uk sky sim here. It shouldn't be too hard to find the contract document for each provider and see what prices they list under Isle of Man. There's usually a large table in there with all the countries in the world listed alongside their prices per minute/text/MB.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Aislinn said:

I'm not sure about other providers but I pay very expensive roaming charges with my uk sky sim here. It shouldn't be too hard to find the contract document for each provider and see what prices they list under Isle of Man. There's usually a large table in there with all the countries in the world listed alongside their prices per minute/text/MB.

3 network does not charge for roaming in IOM.  I know a few who have it and they are only paying what they need to 

The only catch with 3 is that you get only 12GB of data a month while roaming  ( even if you are on a unlimited/ higher data package) .. Calls and texts to IOM numbers while in IOM are part of contract and free 

But if you text or call IOM numbers while in the UK then it will cost quite a bit 

I called them yesterday and it looks like they won't issue new SIM cards to IOM residents. They are allowing  those who already have them to continue using  them for the moment..

I have to look for another provider but it looks like mobile networks in many countries are setting up a cartel by only issuing  SIM contracts to residents .