Copper Injured in Knife Attack

AlanShimmin

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

And asking people not to speculate.

Since there isn't much other info officially available yet, I guess that ends the thread until after any court case.

Whilst your right, if it is true to form, the Police will put out a request for eye witnesses in a couple of weeks time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

And asking people not to speculate.

Since there isn't much other info officially available yet, I guess that ends the thread until after any court case.

Is anyone speculating? 

No. 

But it is notable and really sad to see an officer being stabbed in the line of duty. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Max Power said:

All I have to say is that we have more than our fair share of lowlife thick twats for the size of our population. 

Sadly, I agree and I think it's on the increase with lots of factors influencing it.

• Like 4

Haha Quilp very funny. Surprised he's not been on really, last stabbing in Ramsey he was right on here to break the news desperate to shit on the place again despite being in a different country.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Until it is properly investigated we don't even know if it was a stabbing, slashing or self harming.

Best not to speculate eh?

Like that ever stopped the Manx.  Manx Radio's coverage has most detail:

CID investigating after stabbing in Ramsey

A police officer has been injured in Ramsey after being attacked with a knife.

It happened at around 8pm last night (12 September).

The officer was conducting enquiries at a property at the time – the female resident was also injured.

Both parties needed hospital treatment for serious, but not life threatening, injuries.

One person has been arrested and the matter is now being investigated by CID.

Members of the public are being asked not to speculate about the incident on social media due to the ongoing investigation.

So obviously not self-harm.  It clearly was embargoed till 16:15, presumably so the police could make enquiries without witnesses being affected by speculation.  But the good news is that both victims aren't in any danger.

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The article itself will cause speculation, as someone else said, was he actually stabbed or did he just get cut/slashed accidentally while wrestling someone with a knife?

That will be for the Court to determine, not news organisations or even people on Manx Forums.  Bluntly we have absolutely no evidence any way and if anyone has they ought to go to the police with it.

3 hours ago, Declan said:

But we don’t know the facts yet. As far as I can see all this thread will do is breed speculation and performative emoting. 

Likely as not we'll never know the facts either, as they'll probably never be released or reported. It's the Manx way. There was a serious stabbing in Ramsey a year or so ago. Remember that ? I believe someone was gaoled for it but I don't recall seeing it reported or anyone named. Perhaps I just missed it. 

• AlanShimmin changed the title to Copper Injured in Knife Attack