IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I presume this is just them publishing online part of the coverage they had in the paper last week when the Decision came out.  But there were so many astounding revelations in that document that it doesn't do any harm to emphasise them and put this up for posterity.

The problem I have with that link is that the article has what I would describe as a misleading (whether inadvertant or through simple laziness) title - "Ranson case will get second hearing".

When I read that my immediate thought was: "Oh!  Hang on - is the DHSC actually appealing the tribunal's decision?"

Of course they aren't.  (Or at least not yet).

On reading the article I realised they were simply repeating old news from last week that the tribunal would be carrying out a separate investigation into the conduct of the DHSC and Mrs Magson in respect of disclosure.  I think that describing that investigation as a second hearing in the Ranson case (ie the suggestion that the case might be heard again) is inaccurate and misleading.

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Cannan has a few skeletons in the cupboard that he def wont want to come out.  

The 1924 hide and seek champion ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

I though everyone knew about that? It’s hardly not out there. 

It depends what 'that' is. Theres possibly , just might be , more than one or two 'thats'  just might not be out there ! . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It depends what 'that' is. Theres possibly , just might be , more than one or two 'thats'  just might not be out there ! . 

If I knew one of those 'thats' (hypothetically of course) could I become minister one day?

12 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

If I knew one of those 'thats' (hypothetically of course) could I become minister one day?

If you did , of course hypothetically , you might be able to do whatever your dream was ! . 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, forestboy said:

What a damming indictment. 

Quite.  What is worrying is that these problems seem to have been there for a very, very long time but no action has been taken to address them. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

From tonight's Manx Independent Letters Page.

20220519_192622.jpg

Mr Cannan needs to act now to put this fire out before it spreads out of control ! Leadership is required to restore credibility and confidence in the service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, Sheldon said:

At least there is reason to hope that, one way or the other, the truth will eventually come out here.

The natural tendency in a tribunal like this is to side with the poor downtrodden employee against the big bad faceless organisation. However, as the Michelle Inglis case amply demonstrated, it sometimes turns out that the employee really was just a twat 😃

How do you dare call one women wrong when the cases appear to be the same with the only difference being high management fighting higher management and more importantly documents missing, or being applied late - not the first time the DHSC did this, Inglis case they did the same.  I am so glad that Dr Ranson got a good QC to represent her, perhaps if Inglis could have afforded it this would have came to light then.  

People are always suffering at the hands of the DHSC and when brought to court they are just washed over.  No more, our past medical director has shown this.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1