IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

11 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

Sounds like you need to audit your Facebook friends 😂

Not Facebook. It’s Twitter & it is an open platform sadly. Besides, if folk want to look at my account (as they don’t have anything better to do) then I have no problem with that, providing that after stalking they do not bitch about the ins and outs of it. Plus I’m not  accustomed to being brought into political fests over the sake of a trip to Disney 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by Kat Ellen
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BriT said:

No but there is a classic quote on IOM Newspapers website from the DHSC lawyer Jeremy Callin who apparently said: ‘With respect to the employment tribunal, they are not there to prevent miscarriages of justice.’

Quite what they are there for would be interesting to know if it’s not to stop people obtaining miscarriages of justice. 

🤣 You wouldn't want him defending you in court would you...

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

A decent long piece of reporting, I suspect from Emma Draper, their current local democracy bod as these haven't been trained yet to reduce all articles to the first five paragraphs of a press release in the usual MR style.  One interesting thing is that the DHSC are still trying to get the hearing delayed on various grounds - the more they do this, the more it looks like they are hiding horrendous things.

They have managed to get agreement that the allegations of evidence being faked or altered won't be considered, while they are being investigated by Expol[1].  I'm not surprised at this as disclosure hearing are always about just that (documents or records not being supplied) rather than other forms of evidence alteration.

[1]  Obviously this also looks extremely dodgy, if a government department is publicly accused of criminal activity, doing nothing for three months and then calling in some mates to investigate, doesn't look good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

On 8/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, NoTailT said:

Ashford is too busy on a kids holiday at Disney Land with his girlfriend (they have no kids) to give a rats arse about what's going on in the real world.

FbPse9VWAAE7PpK?format=jpg&name=large

I have absolutely no problem with our politicians having a life, and I think it’s pretty low to harvest his or his family’s pictures to post here and use against them somehow. 

Having said that, if he’d bothered to ask for advice from his (former) senior staff, I could have told him that Eurodisney is shite😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I have absolutely no problem with our politicians having a life, and I think it’s pretty low to harvest his or his family’s pictures to post here and use against them somehow. 

Having said that, if he’d bothered to ask for advice from his (former) senior staff, I could have told him that Eurodisney is shite😜

He probably did ask for advice, he's just busy remembering where he hid the email.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Have to ask how they chose who to appoint when ditching the AGs office for this.

We don't know if they did 'ditch' the AG's Chambers or they ditched the DHSC, though.  There are a number of possible scenarios:

1.  The AGC decided that the whole thing was bound to fail and wiped their hands of it.
  2.  The AGC realised that they were an actor in whether documents were disclosed or not and so couldn't represent the DHSC legally as their interests might conflict.
  3.  As with starting the Expol investigation, the DHSC ditched the AGC at the last possible time, so they had a reason to claim for deferring the hearing.
  4.  The DHSC didn't get the legal advice they wanted and shopped around till someone told them what they wanted to hear.
  5.  The DHSC and AGS collaborated to delay things as much as possible and this looked like the best way to do that.

As for appointing Callin Wild they do have employment law experience (they represented DBC against that poor man who got stuck in Cyprus for example) though it's notable in this case they brought out the big guns (ie Callin and Wild) perhaps to try to signal to the Deemster that the Manx legal mafia were on their side.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

We don't know if they did 'ditch' the AG's Chambers or they ditched the DHSC, though.  There are a number of possible scenarios:

1.  The AGC decided that the whole thing was bound to fail and wiped their hands of it.
  2.  The AGC realised that they were an actor in whether documents were disclosed or not and so couldn't represent the DHSC legally as their interests might conflict.
  3.  As with starting the Expol investigation, the DHSC ditched the AGC at the last possible time, so they had a reason to claim for deferring the hearing.
  4.  The DHSC didn't get the legal advice they wanted and shopped around till someone told them what they wanted to hear.
  5.  The DHSC and AGS collaborated to delay things as much as possible and this looked like the best way to do that.

As for appointing Callin Wild they do have employment law experience (they represented DBC against that poor man who got stuck in Cyprus for example) though it's notable in this case they brought out the big guns (ie Callin and Wild) perhaps to try to signal to the Deemster that the Manx legal mafia were on their side.

I thought Govt departments had to follow the AG's advice?

These Chris and Paul videos have been excellent and forensic. It comes to something that through these videos, Chris Robertshaw and Paul Moulton have been asking the very questions (in a impartial way) that some of our backbench MHKs should be asking, and challenging. The likes of Manx Labour Party should at the fore, unfortunately they maintain silence and remain missing in action. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Hooper needs to resign, he has sat in his comfy chair for nearly a year and allowed this shit show to go live and has not been open and transparent. He has failed the department and needs to put his coat on and leave immediately. 

And Liberal Vannin Support him, that's not a party that I will vote for again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I thought Govt departments had to follow the AG's advice?

Well that leads back to the question of whether the AGC is opposed to or conniving in the DHSC strategy of trying repeatedly to delay stuff.  Certainly they seem to have accepted the Disclosure Hearing taking place, until the DHSC changed their mind at the last minute, but that would also be the best strategy for the maximum delay.

But Departments don't have to accept the AG's advice, because it is the Departments who are the legal entities and they can litigate and seek their own representation as they like.