Jump to content

IOM DHSC & MANX CARE


Cassie2
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

Thanks Roger.

His LinkedIn does state that he's been on the board for a month. Will adding another director solve any issues at Manx care?

I doubt it, took Manx (don't) Care's advise today to go to Ramsey Cottage hospital for a minor problems, guess what I was sent to Nobles as they don't do x-rays at a weekend, so a wasted journey of an hour driving to Ramsey! They should say that when they advise you to go to the minor injuries unit at Ramsey!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

We know from when the job was advertised that the salary is £17,333 per annum.  

At £17,333 per year, he will not be spending too much time here - well, 5 days per month isn't a great deal of time anyway.

For those interested, Tim Bishop (he, him) has a LinkedIn account, where he states his main work interests.

Wellingham Partners, a Health & Adult Social Care consultancy, possibly takes a fair amount of his time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Thanks Roger.

His LinkedIn does state that he's been on the board for a month. Will adding another director solve any issues at Manx care?

It's not adding another director, it's replacing an NED who died in January.  I think they were looking for someone with experience on the social care side rather than health.

As for the issues, I couldn't help noticing that the top priority for these directors is to "Cultivate the culture within Manx Care".  Rather that reform it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Wellingham Partners, a Health & Adult Social Care consultancy, possibly takes a fair amount of his time.

Wellingham seems to be as empty a vessel as his woke he/him credentials.

https://wellinghampartners.com/about/

Anyone who has he/him on their LinkedIn profile needs to be avoided at all costs. They are just virtue-surfers riding the next pointless social media trend. It’s not a benchmark of people who care. It’s a benchmark of people who cynically pretend to care because there is money in it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Wellingham seems to be as empty a vessel as his woke he/him credentials.

You may have realised that was just another of my extremely distasteful, sarcastic, remarks. The co. accounts are:

Screenshot_2022-09-25_22-14-30.png.672fd9129d248b190f1bc51a777c19cd.png

 

LinkedIn is for people to post their "big things wot I done" stuff. For someone to post an  association with a company like this, along with housing associations, is beyond my understanding. They might just as walk into the pub wearing a white track suit slashed to the waist, a chest wig, and gold medallions and say that Elvis is back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Two-lane said:

You may have realised that was just another of my extremely distasteful, sarcastic, remarks. The co. accounts are:

Screenshot_2022-09-25_22-14-30.png.672fd9129d248b190f1bc51a777c19cd.png

 

LinkedIn is for people to post their "big things wot I done" stuff. For someone to post an  association with a company like this, along with housing associations, is beyond my understanding. They might just as walk into the pub wearing a white track suit slashed to the waist, a chest wig, and gold medallions and say that Elvis is back.

Do you think they check all that stuff before they appoint? A personal consultancy company with hardly any assets and hardly any income. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Newsdesk said:

Do you think they check all that stuff before they appoint? A personal consultancy company with hardly any assets and hardly any income. 

It would be a lot more worrying if it did have a lot of income.  Presumably set up when one of the employers in his collection wanted to pay him that way and used to pick up other odd jobs.  He must be at least 60 (his year of starting Uni was 1980) so he'll no doubt be semi-retired with a decent pension from his years in social work, picking up these Board-sitting jobs here and there.

And that's the real problem with these people.  There basically there to make sure that things are done in the standard way that things are done in England, and that may not be the best way forward.  It also very much about 'governance' and how things look on paper, while the way things are happening on the ground may be very different.  That's why having people from off-Island is such a bad idea, because they have no links to tell them what the experience of those dealing with the local NHS is really like.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

There basically there to make sure that things are done in the standard way that things are done in England,

Someone suggested recently that we are now on the journey to eventually become a more formal part of the  NHS UK. I am not sure but it seems we are struggling now to carry on as we have been doing.

Perhaps the new Minister may have some thoughts on that ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Do you think they check all that stuff before they appoint? A personal consultancy company with hardly any assets and hardly any income. 

Yes I bet he gave it the ‘big one’ though about his global consultancy 😂 And no they won’t have checked. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

Yes I bet he gave it the ‘big one’ though about his global consultancy 😂 And no they won’t have checked. 

Yup we are good at this sort of thing ... Reynolds, sacked, track record of failure and bullshit ! Spake ... clinically insane LOL !

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...