IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Thats what it looks like (good report by the way from Manx Radio reporter) .

I think this will go the same way as Dr Tinwell's case and be settled before it goes all the way - therefore preventing any accusations being made. In view of the impact of Covid there could be serious or even legal implications should the way the hospital managed and related events and episodes be challenged in public.

Most of the people involved have probably left anyway and those who could be asked to provide evidence could be numerous. There will be some who will not want to get involved and stay quiet, fearing for their own jobs.

One of the comments in the hearing I gather indicated that Sir Jonathan may be asked to provide evidence. 

As the parties have agreed to the hearing starting in January etc isn't Magson supposed to be leaving at the end of this year ? (Not that she lived here at all). I wonder if that is relevant ?

There are other cases involving DHSC - could things get any worse ? 

Very good news to hear about the Breast Care 2ww lists getting back on track. Well done Spire ! 

I am sure we will see a point by point rebuttal. 

On the breast cancer figures, that is really good news, but what about other figures?  Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

One can only hope but don't hold your breath. 😀

There are two private providers being used to reduce waiting times.  Personally I would like them to go even further to a 1ww for suspected cancer cases. The news of the intended extra appointments is welcome as some of their expertise may be used to help in the management of other conditions. Recruitment will not be easy though.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

Not heard of any plans as yet but we do desperately need, for some specialities at least, a strategy by DHSC and Treasury to deal with the long waiting times. The hardest part will be recruiting and retaining the expertise we need. But they did it with the new cardiologist recently (nice chap Dr Hall) and there is more to follow I hear (did not see any public announcement about that which is unusual). So it seems some things are moving and presumably on a prioritised basis I assume.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

On the breast cancer figures, that is really good news, but what about other figures?  Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

And yet, I know someone who had blood cancer, diagnosed at the same time as me, in remission, had worrying signs of relapse in Late spring/early summer , was only offered an August appointment, which was then cancelled and rescheduled to November, who has had to start chemo privately.

The boy David and his staff/Manx Care won’t answer letters from this person!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

I had a cancer scare this month. Saw my GP 1/9 who put in a referral to the appropriate consultant at Nobles.

I received the appointment letter on 14/9 and the appointment was on 17/9, so two weeks, three days from GP referral to appointment. 

Thankfully it was a false alarm, although something else was spotted on the scan that we'll be keeping an eye on. 

I'm quite happy my GP acted quickly (it was a new situation, not something that had been bubbling away) as it easily could have been serious. When I went to the GP appointment, cancer was the furthest thing from my mind so it was a bit of a shock.

I'm all too aware that far too many on the island get fobbed off, beginning with their GP. It makes me angry that this is the case, and even more grateful that my experience has been positive. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

The boy David and his staff/Manx Care won’t answer letters from this person!

That sounds outrageous. Presumably his treatment is being given off island by a different Consultant ? Hope he has a good advocate.

I hear the CQC are starting to look into serious matters that no-one is allowed to discuss. Could this be one of those issues? Should we brace ourselves?

7 hours ago, Amber said:

Thought the Dr Tinwell case was abandoned due to erroneous claims 

It was settled I heard. I'm not surprised though, listening repeatedly to the names she was called every day I think must have been very distressing for her. 

16 hours ago, Gladys said:

Private patients has been shut since jan 2019, we must have lost millions in income 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

If true that's really disgraceful for a man who has just got back in on a majority vote. 

No sane person would piss on him if he was on fire but we all knew he'd get back in due to the "Doris"effect.

• Like 2

They must be expecting a real humdinger of a tribunal with Ranson as they've set aside a whole 14 days in January and February to hear it.

As they have for another case Mr Graeme Jones V Office of the Clerk of Tynwald, which will take place in December and January before then.  The Clerk of Tynwald has just retired of course (though I reckon he was of retirement age), though I can't find out is a replacement has yet been appointed.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

They must be expecting a real humdinger of a tribunal with Ranson as they've set aside a whole 14 days in January and February to hear it.

As they have for another case Mr Graeme Jones V Office of the Clerk of Tynwald, which will take place in December and January before then.  The Clerk of Tynwald has just retired of course (though I reckon he was of retirement age), though I can't find out is a replacement has yet been appointed.

I believe it is Jonathan King.  It was reported a little whole ago. 

• Thanks 1