Manx Grand Prix

ManxTaxPayer

One try next year then it will be dead IMO.

Hope I am wrong but I just foresee them trying in 2022 and it being a total shambles with lack of marshals, lack of quality entries and a course that is a mess.

Lack of course knowledge plus lack of Marshall’s plus poor condition road equals one event ending incident.  That is if 2022 even goes ahead.

Hope I am wrong as I love the event but every sensible and rational part of me says it’s done.

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There's a review going on as we speak of the TT, MGP and CTT. I believe an announcement on whether the 2022 TT will go ahead will be made in December?

Can't see it happening. Ben's FiloFax said we'd be in our sixth wave by then. It was in the papers and everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can't see it happening. Ben's FiloFax said we'd be in our sixth wave by then. It was in the papers and everything.

Haha. He's been a bit quiet recently, wonder why?

On the TT etc, I hate it, but there's no way I'd want to see it cancelled forever. It brings a lot of joy to a lot of people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The main 'Joy' for residents comes from the surrounding events rather than the races?

Find some other events to provide entertainment for us and that will make it's loss more acceptable?

Rubbish.  An awful lot of residents take a lot of pleasure from watching the races.  I have only missed about 4 races in 40 plus years and a lot of my friends are the same.

Still think it’s dead though

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Rubbish.  An awful lot of residents take a lot of pleasure from watching the races.  I have only missed about 4 races in 40 plus years and a lot of my friends are the same.

Still think it’s dead though

Are they not planning on increasing the number of race days from 2023 onwards. 

Be a fair number of cushy civil service jobs involved so it will not disappear. 

45 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Are they not planning on increasing the number of race days from 2023 onwards. 

Be a fair number of cushy civil service jobs involved so it will not disappear. 

This

That is he trouble with the death fest.

As said before the state of the course, and lack of funds to fix before 2022 may end in a event ending tragedy.

22 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

This

That is he trouble with the death fest.

As said before the state of the course, and lack of funds to fix before 2022 may end in a event ending tragedy.

I’m sure IOMG will dip into the £400 million slush fund. Lots of work for the contractors, the Promenade will be finished post 2023. 

It's shite. 3 races for big bikes. 2 for 600s which hardly anyone rides on roads and have little manufacturer interest. 600s and 1000s look snd sound the same. 2 races for sidecars which beyond the top 10 are of a piss poor standard. So you get to see a load of bikes which look and sound the same 

Most people who come are gammon petrolheads who hate Lewis Hamilton, foreigners and lack the foresight to move away from loud noises coming out of bikes. It won't be Government that kills the tt it will be insurance, incompetence and/or giving the punters what they currently lap up until the event is dead in the water.

• Like 1