Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

You've missed off Crookall

Doubt you'll see Christian or Caine in a Cannan government

Maybe not 🤪 I don’t know how he thinks (or if he is spiteful) but this would me my choice. Somewhat influenced by the most vocal in the last admin given responsibility to drive change and improvments. 

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

abstain ???

Well that’s basically what they’ve done.

Logically, in a two-horse race, there should be 4 options - A, B, either or neither. By saying “spoilt ballot” the voter could mean either or neither, we don’t know their intention, and assume they drew a cock’n’balls. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 747-400 said:

Ok, I’ll take the bait. Remember I only have 23 options (assuming I can still use the Speaker and Deputy Speaker) and have ruled out using MLCs to make it more straight forward. Also, confess to not knowing much about the new intake, so not utilised, but will bring them in at my first reshuffle 🤪

DOI: Julie Edge

DEFA: Rob Callister

DFE: Daphne Cain

DHSC: Claire Christian

DESC: Kate Lord-Brennan

Treasury: Lawrie Hooper

DHA: Clare Barber

Cabinet Office: Jane Poole-Wilson

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Moorhouse taking charge of DESC.

• Thanks 1

Cannan screwed over self-employed and low-paid workers in Covid. Not to mention the whole Senior Race Day holiday fiasco last year, sneaking the loss of a day's holiday through on an order paper then pretending he hadn't.

Interesting the more business-minded people like Christian and Wannenburgh didn't vote Cannan though.

Also interesting the more gammony newbies like Glover and Peters did vote Cannan. No doubt they'll get some low-level bauble as a reward.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Cannan screwed over self-employed and low-paid workers in Covid. Not to mention the whole Senior Race Day holiday fiasco last year, sneaking the loss of a day's holiday through on an order paper then pretending he hadn't.

Interesting the more business-minded people like Christian and Wanneburgh didn't though.

Also interesting the more gammony newbies like Glover and Peters did vote Cannan. No doubt they'll get some low-level bauble as a reward.

Glover will do as he's told he's made a lifetime of it !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 747-400 said:

Ok, I’ll take the bait. Remember I only have 23 options (assuming I can still use the Speaker and Deputy Speaker) and have ruled out using MLCs to make it more straight forward. Also, confess to not knowing much about the new intake, so not utilised, but will bring them in at my first reshuffle 🤪

DOI: Julie Edge

DEFA: Rob Callister

DFE: Daphne Cain

DHSC: Claire Christian

DESC: Kate Lord-Brennan

Treasury: Lawrie Hooper

DHA: Clare Barber

Cabinet Office: Jane Poole-Wilson

Rob Callister…. I don’t think Cannan is that stupid   Christian hasn’t shown any signs of Minister material, am sure her Co-op partner would like to see her in dept enterprise.  
Crookall will get Minister role, give him DHSC and put DC in DoI 

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Well that’s basically what they’ve done.

Logically, in a two-horse race, there should be 4 options - A, B, either or neither. By saying “spoilt ballot” the voter could mean either or neither, we don’t know their intention, and assume they drew a cock’n’balls. 

I wonder how much air time it will take Chris Thomas to explain his reasoning behind his action.

It doesn't look good, but particularly for a newbie MHK. Mr Wannenburgh may have a bit of thinking to do. I think his best excuse will be "one of the big boys made me do it".

• Haha 1

It seems pretty likely that Chris Thomas wanted a stalemate so that he could enter a second round of voting. The easiest way to do this was to reduce the pool of available votes, but it seems that only Wannenburgh was up for participating in his little ruse. 

It’ll be interesting to see if Cannan brings CT into the tent, or leaves him pissing about on the outside.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1