Carol Quine Chair of Castletown Commissioner's vote of no Confidence

Whatnonsence

4 minutes ago, daisy said:

Disappointed in your comments - I have had dogs for a great part of my life and I have given all sorts of meds and injected insulin and handled dog with ruptured cruciate ligament etc etc .... but sometimes its the smaller things that need 2 pairs of hands and not everybody has family on tap to help. If a colleague, who is a friend, offers to help why would you turn it down?  I have travelled a lot and my friends now are pretty much all through work - are they not considered to be 'real' friends?

Well, of course you would call on real friends from work,  but not at the workplace and you have to sure you are calling on them as a friend and not their boss.

Frankly, the simple answer would be to put a loop of bandage round the dog's muzzle for the couple of minutes to administer the drops.  Also, not to make a big deal of it, animals pick that up. 

From the info, it is pretty pathetic as both a pet owner and a public office holder/boss to have got yourself into that situation. You should be able to deal with medicating your pets and you should be able to recognise boundaries in your official life.  

Sorry to disappoint but really from two perspectives it was a stupid situation to get yourself into. 

Meanwhile,  I hope the dog is getting the medication it needs. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, hissingsid said:

As long as the dog is ok…….

feels like a set up in waiting to be rude and unkind

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, StrangeBrew said:

I’d be interested to hear the employee’s view as to whether they ‘volunteered’ to help administer ear drops to the chair of the commissioners’ dog. Given the Chair held a position of authority, perhaps the employee felt obliged and that they couldn’t say no?

Years ago, I worked in an office and was asked by one of the directors to check on her house first thing in the morning and late at night for a fortnight when she was on holiday. It was clear it wasn’t going to be paid, it was outside of my normal hours and I was the single mum of a 1 year old so it was a massive pain in the arse. But I absolutely felt obliged to do it as she was my boss and could make life difficult for me if I had said no. I bet had anyone asked her, she would have said that I offered. Which I kind of did, having been manipulated into it and given no option but to ‘offer’.

Sounds like Quine made her working position untenable by behaving the way she has, hence the no confidence in her.