Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

The local rumour mill suggests that Manx gas are in real trouble.  The new system is unfixable, accurate bills cannot be produced and angry customers are calling constantly, the staff dealing with the issues have walked out.

Probably some elements of truth in the story 

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

The local rumour mill suggests that Manx gas are in real trouble.  The new system is unfixable, accurate bills cannot be produced and angry customers are calling constantly, the staff dealing with the issues have walked out.

Why do you think Tynwald is passing a bill for taking over distressed energy (gas) companies? 

They're not doing it for shits and giggles. 

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

Good, I hope the whole lot goes tits up. They’ve even tried to soften that Jo Cox’s image which shows they’re desperate. 

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

Good, I hope the whole lot goes tits up. They’ve even tried to soften that Jo Cox’s image which shows they’re desperate. 

Tynwald and CanCom should have let the whole lot go to the wall when they first came round with the begging bowl. 

Their failure to suitably bank their excessive profits, instead of dishing them all out to shareholders, is not the island's problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Loads of truth in the matter, I have called/emailed them many times to try and get by gas bill corrected. I noticed that in nearly all cases, the errors favour Manx Gas

Here is a bill someone posted on FB the other day. His normal bill is around £45 . But note no previous readings or new readings . A Manx Gas girl saw it on FB and looked into it first thing next morning and contacted him. It was wrong and he's getting a new bill sent out. And guess what , its around his normal bill ...£ 45 ish. Imagine if you were ill or just old and that arrived the door ! 

IMG_2053.JPG

Edited by Numbnuts

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Here is a bill someone posted on FB the other day. His normal bill is around £45 . But note no previous readings or new readings . A Manx Gas girl saw it on FB and looked into it first thing next morning and contacted him. It was wrong and he's getting a new bill sent out. And guess what , its around his normal bill ...£ 45 ish. Imagine if you were ill or just old and that arrived the door ! 

IMG_2053.JPG

They aren’t going to recover from this level of incompetence. They’re a debt funded business that relies on cash flow to service inter group debt. They’re dead. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

They aren’t going to recover from this level of incompetence. They’re a debt funded business that relies on cash flow to service inter group debt. They’re dead. 

I’ve seen it happen with a clients business in the UK in the last year. If you can’t bill your clients you can’t pay your bills. They’re now in administration. All because they f**ked up installing a new computer system. 

16 minutes ago, cissolt said:

This might be a radical idea, but can't they turn the old one back on?

Is this a problem for the other islands?

Yes

Apology after gas bills 'error' in Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-20527076

11 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Have they taken the £ signs off her eyeballs?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Not having received a bill since late June I phoned at end of last week, both to give a reading and ask why no bill - phone answered quickly, apparently I'm one of many without bills but the guy answering stated he was sent in the previous week to help sort out the mess left by those previously running the company - it sounds as though the Government should step in at least to salvage what they have paid out for much of the infrastructure.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frances said:

Not having received a bill since late June I phoned at end of last week, both to give a reading and ask why no bill - phone answered quickly, apparently I'm one of many without bills but the guy answering stated he was sent in the previous week to help sort out the mess left by those previously running the company - it sounds as though the Government should step in at least to salvage what they have paid out for much of the infrastructure.

Same happened to one of my kids whose been trying to pay their bill for 6 weeks! They can’t even confirm what’s owed.