Jump to content

Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?


Nomadic Raptor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well, thats a shame then. I'm not particularly interested in football myself, but I do wish the lads well. It gives kids something to aspire to, and it would be nice for local kids to have local players to look up to in this regard, rather than only the high-flyers in teams across. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've no issue with Bass & Dixon playing elder statesman of the Manx game if there was any discernible football being played.

There isn't - it's shocking to watch. I see no structure, system, well drilled passages of play or free flowing football.

I do see balls being shelled back to front as quickly as possible.

We have players on the Island who can play football, who CAN compete technically. Sadly this management team have a differing idea on how they believe results should be gained.

As a spectator paying conference prices, I want to be entertained. It's not happening.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know a few of the group (younger players) have become very disillusioned with the situation. Training fodder in the main, lack of playing minutes despite the abundance of fixtures, limited.

You can see why training at silly o'clock in the morning twice a week and seeing +35 year olds starting games over you would quickly grate.

Disappointing as this project was billed as an opportunity & showcase for the Islands younger talent. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I know a few of the group (younger players) have become very disillusioned with the situation. Training fodder in the main, lack of playing minutes despite the abundance of fixtures, limited.

You can see why training at silly o'clock in the morning twice a week and seeing +35 year olds starting games over you would quickly grate.

Disappointing as this project was billed as an opportunity & showcase for the Islands younger talent. 

Thing is the +35 players might actually still be better at football than the younger ones. You need old heads and experience , and yes some youth which FC have. All the best players on the Island are already with FC so they have to forge a team from that group. So do not expect your free flowing football. Expect blood , sweat and tears. Nothing wrong with long ball football and it’s what works at the level they are at. It’s unlikely they’ll move too much higher using only Island based players , maybe one more division up. Nothing wrong with that as it should help the better local players get noticed and help them move to a full time professional club if that is what they want. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The long ball game isn’t working at this level, it did at a lower level last season. The game has moved on, teams are better technically even in non league and coaches have evolved their tactics. We need to move with the times, not stick to 442 and hit to the ball man up top. I believe they are trying to play with at least one of the forwards deeper, but CDM is a pivotal position these days and don’t seem to be operating with one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As i said before, i think they need an English manager with experience of this league and / or the one above. It will cost money, but it's the only way to progress.

I'd like the government to help with costs - the ferry should be provided free of charge for home and away games, they could pay the hotel costs of the away teams and the stadium costs.

Don't forget there will be a few away fans coming over for the weekend - watch footie, have a meal, few drinks, hotel etc. All good for the economy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t agree , Lee Dixon has I think played at a reasonable level in the UK and has his coaching badges. Paul Jones coached I know at Rangers and I think Norwich but I could be wrong there on Norwich , not sure. Chris Bass was a pretty good player. Point I’m making is that I think the current management team is the best available and doing a good job. I think their tactics are spot on. I don’t think bringing in an English manager would improve anything. And they do promote youth. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Anyone said:

Don’t agree , Lee Dixon has I think played at a reasonable level in the UK and has his coaching badges. Paul Jones coached I know at Rangers and I think Norwich but I could be wrong there on Norwich , not sure. Chris Bass was a pretty good player. Point I’m making is that I think the current management team is the best available and doing a good job. I think their tactics are spot on. I don’t think bringing in an English manager would improve anything. And they do promote youth. 

Their tactics are spot on yet they've lost 4 out of the last 6 games? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then perhaps you should pop down to their next training session and offer your considerable expertise in the finer points of association football. I’m sure once you set out your credentials you’ll be welcomed with open arms😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Then perhaps you should pop down to their next training session and offer your considerable expertise in the finer points of association football. I’m sure once you set out your credentials you’ll be welcomed with open arms😂

It doesn’t take an expert to see their tactics are abysmal to watch and don’t work. 
 

Strange post immediately after a 5-1 hammering. 

Edited by jackwhite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...