Comin Class of 2021

James Blonde

4 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Couldn't disagree more.

A ministers job is not to know about the area they are looking after.  A bit of knowledge of a certain area that could cloud their judgement or influence decision would be dangerous.  You need people with no axe to grind or preconceptions.

Likewise a teacher as DESC minister etc.  An awful idea

In that case, why was it acceptable for David Ashford to answer medical questions at press conferences? I’d rather have a Dr who’s actually knowledge on a subject than someone like Ashford who pretends to have the knowledge, for me that was more concerning, especially watching the public lap the information up and believe it as gospel.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 5

It’s really getting quite desperate now how IOMNP Facebook page is literally drooling over Chris Thomas as the Chair of the Housing Board, and Dafneeee Caine as the Chair of the Climate Change. They are literally pinning all their hopes of rabbits being pulled out of hats. I personally think there is more chance of a 20,000 word thesis followed by a lecture. CT was part of the previous regime that no doubt talked regularly with the vested interests, estate agents, and developers. He should know what’s going on? Presumably he will hard nice words with the right people to inform them of what his masters on other social media sites, have instructed him to do? 

As far as Climate Change is concerned, I’m sure DC will end up antagonising everyone with her holier than thou, and the taxpayers will end up footing the bill, in addition to paying their own bills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

It’s really getting quite desperate now how IOMNP Facebook page is literally drooling over Chris Thomas as the Chair of the Housing Board, and Dafneeee Caine as the Chair of the Climate Change. They are literally pinning all their hopes of rabbits being pulled out of hats. I personally think there is more chance of a 20,000 word thesis followed by a lecture. CT was part of the previous regime that no doubt talked regularly with the vested interests, estate agents, and developers. He should know what’s going on? Presumably he will hard nice words with the right people to inform them of what his masters on other social media sites, have instructed him to do? 

As far as Climate Change is concerned, I’m sure DC will end up antagonising everyone with her holier than thou, and the taxpayers will end up footing the bill, in addition to paying their own bills.

As I’ve said before, whilst we should show the way forward and do what is fundable, we could spend 24/7 farting fresh air and it won’t make any difference to the planet given out surface area. The climate change protesters blocking the M25 should go to the Canaries and sit in front of the lava.

Edited by Lightening McQueen
Fat fingers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, asitis said:

Someone needs to tell Cannan, having Ashford welded to him in photographs A La "yes chief minister" isn't a good look !

Cannan likely knows what he’s doing. His dad was a pretty good Treasury minister back at a time when we had no cash. He’ll be well advised. He only probably needs the great actor that is David Ashford to keep to the scripts that he’s given in role. That’s probably better than the wild card appointment of someone who might be capable of independent thought. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, asitis said:

Someone needs to tell Cannan, having Ashford welded to him in photographs A La "yes chief minister" isn't a good look !

I agree. They way they walked in together at yesterday’s briefing long before anyone else was both cringeworthy, and slightly creepy (in a Bella Lugosi kind of way) 

Edited by Roxanne
Spels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

In that case, why was it acceptable for David Ashford to answer medical questions at press conferences? I’d rather have a Dr who’s actually knowledge on a subject than someone like Ashford who pretends to have the knowledge, for me that was more concerning, especially watching the public lap the information up and believe it as gospel.

He should never have been answering medical questions, and I wouldn't expect a GP to either.  We have a whole team of experts to do that.  He just liked being in the spotlight and should have been told to pipe down and let Dr Ewart or and medical professional deal with those questions.

• Like 3

The new Chief Minister did not look or sound very comfortable or confident to me. 

he has done the best he can with what he has got to play and work around with. I almost feel sorry for him but I think he has made several basic errors in his team building and selection of members.

The naked political manoeuvrings and ambitions were all on show and to be honest in my view does not bode well. I sense the potential for some fireworks between DA and KLB as they jockey to become Alf's, and everyone else's, favourite to become the next Chief Minister. Long way to go yet though.

Allinson may have to wait a bit longer for his chance at the title. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2112 said:

There was a time when the LibLabVanMan Party would refuse a role, until Peter Karran got Education and Beecroft got DHSC. Needless to say both ended in tears and recriminations. Will the appointment of Hooperman be any different? 

Pension scheme related to final (highest) salary?

34 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

let Dr Ewart or and medical professional deal with those questions.

I think that is where there may have been a problem.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kevster said:

BSc = bronze swimming certificate

SSc = silver swimming certificate

Hence - 'Forgot to bring in his pyjamas on the day he was going for the gold swimming certificate though'

Oh those days, bobbing up and down in the deep end of Ballakermeen Swimming Pool with one's head nestled in the crutch of inflated pyjama bottoms.

Before Tom Sharpe had dreamed up Wilt.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Naked ambition and greed? Not much morals and sticking to principles then. 

It was just a suggestion. I am sure they took on the roles for them to share their political expertise with the GMP. But I would also think a quiet word from an accountant might have persuaded them that their principles were going to cost them a fortune. Work it out.