COP21

48 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Strange how all these marchers spitting vitriol and waving divisive placards like 'Pick a side' don't seem to realise that very few people are climate change deniers?

It's just another thing to divide us, we can't discuss anything. This reminds me of the films of the Nazis beating drums and marching to discourage people from supporting Jewish businesses in the 1930s

The comparison with the Nazis is a bit OTT.

Younger people are supposed to be angry. It means that they care about things. It should be encouraged.

If they don't want to change everything then they are probably a bit thick as well as being complacent and dull. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pongo said:

Younger people are supposed to be angry. It means that they care about things. It should be encouraged.

If they don't want to change everything then they are probably a bit thick as well as being complacent and dull. 

Well yes I was an angry young man once, caring about things and wanting to change everything. 
But then you mature and you realize not everything  needs changing. Both big and small.

Legitimized Slavery has been abolished, “Witches” are no longer drowned or burnt at the stake ( that’s good stuff)

Although blocking roads, glueing your hands to the road surface because you think that all lofts should be insulated is kind of stupid. And I know a lot of older people take part in this nonsense, but a lot of it is down to these young idealists

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

You're very well wide of the mark there my friend. 

Can you explain to me why the SNP has zero overall control over any of the local administrations? 

Yes , it’s because they don’t have independence.  Note your little Englander friend Quilp seems to always love you. Your not Scottish so fuck off. And your not my friend you patronising English cunt. 

19 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

It's not really is it? If it was independence would have been gained 7 years ago. It wasn't. You lost 

It’s not about winning , it’s about what’s best for Scotland and those who live there . But you are a knuckle dragging hun rangers unionist  of the worst type .Especially those who don’t actually live there. They are the worst. I bet your duvet is Union Jack one. 
And for the record , I’m not Scottish , don’t live there , not that bothered about the Union. But I know you lot are so thought I’d wind you up for a bit of a laugh.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anyone said:

It’s not about winning , it’s about what’s best for Scotland and those who live there . But you are a knuckle dragging hun rangers unionist  of the worst type .Especially those who don’t actually live there. They are the worst. I bet your duvet is Union Jack one. 
And for the record , I’m not Scottish , don’t live there , not that bothered about the Union. But I know you lot are so thought I’d wind you up for a bit of a laugh.

You haven't wound me up though.

Losing out on 10 in a row has really screwed you lot up hasn't it? 

Edited by thommo2010

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well yes I was an angry young man once, caring about things and wanting to change everything. 
But then you mature and you realize not everything  needs changing. Both big and small.

Legitimized Slavery has been abolished, “Witches” are no longer drowned or burnt at the stake ( that’s good stuff)

Although blocking roads, glueing your hands to the road surface because you think that all lofts should be insulated is kind of stupid. And I know a lot of older people take part in this nonsense, but a lot of it is down to these young idealists

Especially when you've not bothered to insulate your own loft FFS. They'd do more good in one afternoon by going to B&Q buying some insulation and advertising through Age Concern or Food Banks to donate or volunteer to install it.

But that would actually mean doing something useful and protest is about being a rebel and the feels than doing anything.

One thing for sure, these are fair weather protesters. Won't see them sitting in the road when the rain is lashing down or it's sub-zero.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Especially when you've not bothered to insulate your own loft FFS. They'd do more good in one afternoon by going to B&Q buying some insulation and advertising through Age Concern or Food Banks to donate or volunteer to install it.

But that would actually mean doing something useful and protest is about being a rebel and the feels than doing anything.

One thing for sure, these are fair weather protesters. Won't see them sitting in the road when the rain is lashing down or it's sub-zero.  

How do you know they haven't insulated their own lofts? How can you be so sure they're not doing things to help other people, whether it being helping to insulate, or volunteering at food banks or similar?

FFS.

44 minutes ago, Zarley said:

How do you know they haven't insulated their own lofts? How can you be so sure they're not doing things to help other people, whether it being helping to insulate, or volunteering at food banks or similar?

FFS.

If they are happy to potentially put peoples lives in danger by blocking the road I would consider them unlikely to be that altruistic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

Wake and smell the coffee!!!

Cop Out 26 is what it is.
26 years of trying to persuade the huge carbon users to cut back on their use ain’t happening.

The Isle of Man carbon footprint is but a fart in the wind but hey why let that get in the way of a  good march 

If the marchers get their way how will we get any coffee?