Bang!!! Woof!!! Grrrrrr!!

Ramseyboi

So Port Erin commissioners have decided to go for “quieter “ fireworks this year, leading to a mix of people complaining g the world has gone mad and those saying how brilliant it is that Fibi, Rex, Tyson and snoodles won’t be scared to death this year.

My gut feeling is that this will backfire as the fireworks will be pants as a result, yet the reduced noise will still be enough to scare the precious pets who quite happily sit through movies through a surround system or sound bar and sub the rest of the year.

Thoughts? 

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

I think it is a great idea, babies and young children are also affected by loud noises.   Hopefully it will be the way forward.

Seconded. Many ex-military vets also suffer in silence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

I think it is a great idea, babies and young children are also affected by loud noises.   Hopefully it will be the way forward.

I have a feeling there will still be loud noises and those who are bothered by it will still complain as they were expecting them to be silent.

ps - it’s a stupid idea.  It’s a few bangs for a few minutes that everyone knows about in advance. The world has gone soft and mad.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have a feeling there will still be loud noises and those who are bothered by it will still complain as they were expecting them to be silent.

ps - it’s a stupid idea.  It’s a few bangs for a few minutes that everyone knows about in advance. The world has gone soft and mad.

Try as I might to forewarn my pets, particularly the highly strung rescue dog, they still cower in the corner when they hear fireworks.  FWIW, I don't think it is the volume but the pitch that upsets them.  They pick up the low rumbles of fireworks and thunder way before I hear them.

If it was kept to November 5th and NYE, it is liveable with, but as we all know private displays abound round those times, so it can go on for several nights.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but personally I think it is fine and considerate.  You also see small children covering their ears, distressed and in pain at firework displays.  Do the big bangs really add?  Some of the best fireworks I have seen are orchestrated to music or just have relatively minimal wooshes and fizzes. Disney put on great displays without huge bangs.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3