Bang!!! Woof!!! Grrrrrr!!

Ramseyboi

Any reviews yet? Ramsey was awesome.  Absolutely packed and made your rib cage rattle.

Thousands of people of all ages, people with dogs etc, all oohing and aaaahing and having a great time.

This is the the first I have seen of Port Erin

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lifeoniom/permalink/2133241526826869/

A8C2B031-9FE8-4127-AEB2-CCB63B2881F9.jpeg

Is that still not loud enough to scare dogs etc but a bit……. Not very good?

Edited by Ramseyboi

Went to Peel last week. Bonfire and display all good.

Only downside was the Creek was shut so had to book the Marina.

Just back from PE. It was OK-ish but definitely lacked the impact of previous years.

What a daft thing to do as there were real proper fireworks going off all over Rushen.

• Like 2

Approaching heresy to praise something on MF., but ,

The firework display in Ramsey was  really superb!

What about the noise? O.K., there was  30 minutes of noise.

What about the climate?O.K.,  there was  is burning of carbon with nitrates and chlorates etc .O.K., hundreds of vehicles used fuel to transport people there.

Those undeniable negatives ( for half an hour per year! )   have to be seen against the large positives of enjoyment for thousands of people.

Life for many during Covid has been very difficult and dreary.Something colourful,  even and a bit just different as the winter advances is very not only very welcome it is something of therapeutic importance.

We must not forget fun.A bit of fun is good for the mental health of people of all ages.

Another heretical positive:

People. Us.

As I wondered about everyone I encountered were enjoying themselves, the tone was civilised  and good humoured.

I can’t think there are many places  where thousands of people can quickly congregate, co-operatively move about in darkness and afterwards disperse without being marshaled and policed.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 4

Didn't see the fireworks but there was a wonderful cone display on the roads and streets around Ramsey. The cone police put on a fine show.

I suspect the trouble will be an annual fixture now. Once the yobbos, and then the police move in (Like they did at the Laxey Blues festival) it's the beginning of the end for the organisers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

Approaching heresy to praise something on MF., but ,

The firework display in Ramsey was  really superb!

What about the noise? O.K., there was  30 minutes of noise.

What about the climate?O.K.,  there was  is burning of carbon with nitrates and chlorates etc .O.K., hundreds of vehicles used fuel to transport people there.

Those undeniable negatives ( for half an hour per year! )   have to be seen against the large positives of enjoyment for thousands of people.

Life for many during Covid has been very difficult and dreary.Something colourful,  even and a bit just different as the winter advances is very not only very welcome it is something of therapeutic importance.

We must not forget fun.A bit of fun is good for the mental health of people of all ages.

Another heretical positive:

People. Us.

As I wondered about everyone I encountered were enjoying themselves, the tone was civilised  and good humoured.

I can’t think there are many places  where thousands of people can quickly congregate, co-operatively move about in darkness and afterwards disperse without being marshaled and policed.

It was a great evening other than the kickoff in town later, although I don’t believe it was that serious.

Of, and some idiots whining on fb the the Park Hotel was full to its fire regs capacity due to guests and a private function and wouldn’t let them in to buy a drink.

45 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Once the yobbos, and then the police move in (Like they did at the Laxey Blues festival)

That was an awful period in our time. I used to be a regular visitor and performer at the festival but the police presence with their aggressive stance totally put me, and hundreds of others off going again. Such a damn shame and a dreadful mistake but whoever ordered them to act that way. 

• Like 2