Jump to content

The boomer question.


ScotsAlan
 Share

Recommended Posts

What I dont get.. boomers in their cheap houses uh.. telling their kids to buy cheap houses. Cos that helps put prices up..cool. Work hard.. learn to build.. put brick on brick.. 4 quid.. an hour. Your 4 pound an hour bricks are worth more in tax ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 12:11 PM, ScotsAlan said:

I hate the term boomer. But as a gen X.. accused of being a boomer.. feck me.. hard work. Gen X are semi boomers ? 

Yeah, the older we all get the more the younger generations assume we're all boomers lol. Technically for me, being born in 85, I'm considered a millennial and I very much dislike being wrapped up with millennials because there's a huge difference between an 80s millennial and a 90s millennial (I believe in hard work and not afraid to roll my sleeves up). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, N3Wzk0nzum3r said:

Yeah, the older we all get the more the younger generations assume we're all boomers lol. Technically for me, being born in 85, I'm considered a millennial and I very much dislike being wrapped up with millennials because there's a huge difference between an 80s millennial and a 90s millennial (I believe in hard work and not afraid to roll my sleeves up). 

Doesn’t being born in 1984 make you a Xennial? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All mostly caused by such huge shifts in technology, I think a lot of ‘boomers’ (I hate the term too) actually mean to refer to GenZ rather than millennials. Millennials weren’t the generation that were born with a mobile phone in their hand. If you hear a boomer complain about millennials, ask them when their children were born, more often than not it’s the 70s/80s and they don’t consider any of their children to be millennials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

All mostly caused by such huge shifts in technology, I think a lot of ‘boomers’ (I hate the term too) actually mean to refer to GenZ rather than millennials. Millennials weren’t the generation that were born with a mobile phone in their hand. If you hear a boomer complain about millennials, ask them when their children were born, more often than not it’s the 70s/80s and they don’t consider any of their children to be millennials.

That's a very confused post. People born in the 70's / early 80's are Gen X not Millennials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Declan said:

That's a very confused post. People born in the 70's / early 80's are Gen X not Millennials.

That was my point, they don’t consider any of their children to be Millennials, if they’ve got one kid born in ‘78 and born in ‘82 they don’t consider one to be Gen x and one to be a Millennial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...