Newson's on the Quay

Ramseyboi

Gosh yes, what a shock! Put the site up for sale after losing a planning application, they must have been so disheartened! Having slept on te matter, they've decided to appeal and fight on for the multi million development!!! 😈

They must have found some green paint to match the old Newsons colours!!! 🤫

So at least now we know for sure that Josem’s shadowy backers for his election campaigns and the Manx Taxpayer’s Alliance are Chris Kelly (of Wolverhampton) and his firms Keltruck and Kelproperties. Josem speaking for them, living in a flat owned by them and MTA operating from a building owned by them and now he is speaking for them regarding planning decisions. These jokers had planning approved for this site in 2018 but decided instead they’d rather knock it down than redevelop it. Shady as they come this lot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Perhaps the owners/developers should press the Council of Ministers for an update on progress with their 'Isle of Man Regeneration Strategy & Principles', as introduced in the Comin Built Environment Reform Programme

https://www.gov.im/media/1377118/bg-built-environment-final-1.pdf

Think they have & Alf said he was very disappointed with decisions 

I'm sceptical of the 'hundreds of people expressing their support' but there has to be support for modern architecture & modern building standards from government or we're not going to get anywhere with up-to-date home insulation

A good architect could surely make a design incorporating the old warehouse features into a new plan? There's a few houses on the island I know of that have done this with little problem

23 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

I'm sceptical of the 'hundreds of people expressing their support' but there has to be support for modern architecture & modern building standards from government or we're not going to get anywhere with up-to-date home insulation

A good architect could surely make a design incorporating the old warehouse features into a new plan? There's a few houses on the island I know of that have done this with little problem

Hundreds of Josems 

• Like 1

I don't think Architects are trained/experienced in designing buildings that look shit and run down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Hundreds of Josems 

Well, there was 500 or so in the petition.

I can see the Kelproperties post on Linkedin has 108 reactions (all positive). 

When they announced the planning denial a couple of weeks ago, at least similar numbers then. 

I have heard of absolutely no one of importance supporting the planning committee. 

But lets not let facts get in the way of a bit of Josem bashing... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1