Newson's on the Quay

Ramseyboi

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Chai lattes! Is there any other type of Chai? Chai tea is spiced tea with hot milk or evap. Black Chai, that Chai! does that exist? Perhaps you like milk with your Earl Gray or ask for an Exxxpresso?

What right do we have to piss around with someone elses tradition?

Hygge? That Danish thing?

Thanks . Is black chai the same as dirty chai?

Never ever have milk with your Earl Grey that would be just wrong.I like an Expresso but don’t pronounce it like you write it.

As to Hygee I’m still non the wiser

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Bloody heathen.

Chai means tea in India.  Masala is the blend of spice. Chai masala is black tea, mixed spice hot milk and lots of sugar.

Dirty chai is a shot of espresso, shot of chai concentrate, topped with foamed milk of choice and topped with finely ground spices.  It truly is the coffee of kings.  And queens.

I like Earl Grey with milk. I do.

Hygge you heathen. It's Danish but the use of the word has travelled around Europe now.  I thought you would have known that.  You seem to know so much.

Thanks again. But where does Masala come into all of this?

I do know loads but not about the word “ hyggee” . Don’t worry I’ll Google it.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Chai is tea.  Just tea. (in India - here it's just called tea)

Chai masala is tea with mixed spice.

Hygge is cosiness, surrounding yourself with things that feel good, friendships, family, hot water bottles and fairy lights.

You're still not going to understand are you.

I think I do now.  You seem to have explained things fairly well. Thank you.

Although my Hygge takes a different form.

25 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Seems the demolition is off. Claire Barber on the Mannin Line at lunchtime said new reports had said the structure is sound.

So expect it to remain derelict for a while yet while the place deteriorates a bit more....

So, a pretty hopeless old building will be saved to be a blight on the landscape for years to come? Well done to all concerned!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Seems the demolition is off. Claire Barber on the Mannin Line at lunchtime said new reports had said the structure is sound.

So expect it to remain derelict for a while yet while the place deteriorates a bit more....

What?  Your telling me a developer lied about the state of a building because they wanted to demolish it?  How could this be, property developers are famed for their honesty?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

What?  Your telling me a developer lied about the state of a building because they wanted to demolish it?  How could this be, property developers are famed for their honesty?

No, what she said was another survey has been done which shows remedial work required & not full demolition.

She also said the owners have been very cooperative & working with department on this listed building.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Fire could still be an option.... :ph34r:

On 11/18/2021 at 9:11 PM, Kopek said:

What right do we have to piss around with someone elses tradition?

who said someone hundreds of years ago knew how I will enjoy drinking or eating better than me

I'll do whatever I want with my food and drink thanks