Jump to content

Gas deposit


hissingsid
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, ian rush said:

The more thats extracted the more there is on the market, typically meaning the cheaper it is, thereby slowing the necessary tip to renewables.

And if the extraction conditions/contract are set right by Govt, would mean cheaper electricity and cheaper gas for people to heat their homes? Whilst building the necessary capital to invest in those renewables? And pay off existing mua debt?

What is not to like?

Or do you have  a few hundred  million £ down the back of the sofa you can give to government to kick start the renewable investment? 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well we’re all going to get increases in utilities soon as Rob has no choice!!


so get the gas extracted if it’s there !!

 

Daffy says no no no. What Daffy wants Daffy gets. Alfs scared of her. 

Edited by 2112
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, b4mbi said:

And if the extraction conditions/contract are set right by Govt, would mean cheaper electricity and cheaper gas for people to heat their homes? Whilst building the necessary capital to invest in those renewables? And pay off existing mua debt?

What is not to like?

Or do you have  a few hundred  million £ down the back of the sofa you can give to government to kick start the renewable investment? 

The pipes are not coming to the isle of man. Its not going to mean cheap gas here. Itll be royalties *if* it ever happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2021 at 4:40 PM, offshoremanxman said:

Fully agree it’s at no cost to us to grant a license for them to do their survey. Yet all the greenies are having a meltdown that we can’t even explore at no cost to the taxpayer what could be the biggest Treasury cash generator we have seen in 1,000 years. Totally mad. Daphne Caine wants to give her head a wobble and get off her silly bandwagon. 

I'm all for it - local gas for local people, and the surplus sold to Ireland raising substantial (c.£5bn mentioned on Mannin Line interview with the man who knows) taxes and duties for the Treasury. Not a penny to the UK, as thanks to David North and others we own the mineral rights to that bit of seabed. Would buy lots of healthcare and pothole repairs, never mind reduce the PS pension scheme defecit.

The Catch-22 here though is that Crogga will probably only spend millions on a detailed survey if they know a drilling and extraction licence will follow. The green lobby would let them do the expensive survey and THEN veto extraction because a blade of sea grass might suffer, or a crab move home.

If I was Crogga I'd need solid guarantees before I spent a penny more.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, b4mbi said:

And if the extraction conditions/contract are set right by Govt, would mean cheaper electricity and cheaper gas for people to heat their homes? Whilst building the necessary capital to invest in those renewables? And pay off existing mua debt?

What is not to like?

Or do you have  a few hundred  million £ down the back of the sofa you can give to government to kick start the renewable investment? 

Everything is to like; except the first eleven words...chances?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldnt mind them extracting providing the govt get a good deal out of it. 

 

I don't care for 'free gas' or anything like that, but a substantial windfall to pay the likes of mua debt, gov covid debt, health care and investment in renewable fuels (tidal etc). Add to that a pot (properly managed!) For capital projects, infrastructure improvements, treasury reserves it would be a huge boost to the island. Get rid of those debts, leading to more money to spend on the public 

 

No doubt gov will give a licence and get given a tenner for the thinking they've got a good deal! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

 

The Catch-22 here though is that Crogga will probably only spend millions on a detailed survey if they know a drilling and extraction licence will follow. The green lobby would let them do the expensive survey and THEN veto extraction because a blade of sea grass might suffer, or a crab move home.

Well all the Green Party MHKs that were elected will be a big problem...

 

Oh wait, the GMP didn't elect a single one... start those drilling rigs and let's get cracking!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm all for it - local gas for local people, and the surplus sold to Ireland raising substantial (c.£5bn mentioned on Mannin Line interview with the man who knows) taxes and duties for the Treasury. Not a penny to the UK, as thanks to David North and others we own the mineral rights to that bit of seabed. Would buy lots of healthcare and pothole repairs, never mind reduce the PS pension scheme defecit.

The Catch-22 here though is that Crogga will probably only spend millions on a detailed survey if they know a drilling and extraction licence will follow. The green lobby would let them do the expensive survey and THEN veto extraction because a blade of sea grass might suffer, or a crab move home.

If I was Crogga I'd need solid guarantees before I spent a penny more.

And where are you going to process it? Like so many in favour, you just haven't thought this through.

The biggest cost on gas and electricity is distribution, not generation / extraction.

And BTW - this is not Catch22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Ireland has it's own gas, why are they importing it? Why would it be two way?

The Interconnect is one way according to Ian Rush, above post, linking in to it to send our surplus to Ireland would depend on them wanting it and the cost of a connector......

........ and then we would need pipework from the gas field to the Island and the infrastructure to process the gas for distribution, first to Island consumers, then to sell it back to the existing network in England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of this is ''allegedly'' !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...