Jump to content

Gas deposit


hissingsid
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, Stu Peters said:

My employers are the people of Middle. Who stand to benefit significantly from the deal. It's them I represent, not Greta Thunberg and her supporters.

 

I thought you were listening to Diccen and his magic fucking beans on this one. Next phase £50m+.

Edited by ian rush
Typo.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hve been listening to Diccen. I thought he made a great case on the Mannin Line. And yes, his estimates could be well off, but if we only made £500 million rather than five thousand million as predicted, I still think they should be allowed to crack on.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ian rush said:

I thought you were listening to Diccen and his magic fucking beans on this one. Next phase £50m+.

What's your beef? Doesn't matter what it costs if it's private investment, taxpayer funds are not being asked for.

First step find out actually what's there. Moronic not to. Then make a call.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The beef is theyre not going to raise the money and the shit people latch on to. Magic beans. You know how much a seismic survey costs? BP had a sniff years ago and jibbed it. 

Im not so naive as to exclude fossil fuel on the way to clean tech but this is just like e-habitant, liverpool landing stage and 2.5g. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I hve been listening to Diccen. I thought he made a great case on the Mannin Line. And yes, his estimates could be well off, but if we only made £500 million rather than five thousand million as predicted, I still think they should be allowed to crack on.

I thought he came across as a right smarmy twat.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Yes, and they should be given a chance to raise it. Even if they don't then the investors lose their shirts and exactly what harm is done?

E-habitant and Liverpool landing stage both government...

e-habitant was probably ahead of its time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Just get it out, we need energy security until the other pipe dreams are viable. 

The Green Party response? As expected, with the usual wooly headed, pie in the sky rhetoric! 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/extracting-gas-from-manx-waters-the-better-option-minister/

You and the other intellectuals do realise that a large, sophisticated processing plant is required before the great unwashed can use it?

#think?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not unduly large, not necessarily ugly, assuredly eco friendly. And not a direct cost to the taxpayer. And we can sell excess capacity to you in Grocklehampton. What's not to like?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Not unduly large, not necessarily ugly, assuredly eco friendly. And not a direct cost to the taxpayer. And we can sell excess capacity to you in Grocklehampton. What's not to like?

How is gas processing eco-friendly.

  • And who on the rock has the competence for such a project?
  • Did you even factor in the number of people who use gas?
  • And timescales?
  • And the impact on our doomed planet?
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

How is gas processing eco-friendly.

  • And who on the rock has the competence for such a project?
  • Did you even factor in the number of people who use gas?
  • And timescales?
  • And the impact on our doomed planet?

Why does anyone on this rock need to have this competence? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...