Report a Problem

As reported today on 3fm news, the DOI have launched (yet again) an app to report potholes and other issues. App called Report a Problem, on IOS and Google Play.

I am sure that this is just another rehash of the app which was previously released. Another complete waste of taxpayers money, and no doubt the work to set up the app etc was given out without going to tender? 

Edited by 2112

54 minutes ago, 2112 said:

As reported today on 3fm news, the DOI have launched (yet again) an app to report potholes and other issues. App called Report a Problem, on IOS and Google Play.

I am sure that this is just another rehash of the app which was previously released. Another complete waste of taxpayers money, and no doubt the work to set up the app etc was given out without going to tender? 

Do you know this for a fact or just your usual spouting of rubbish

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Always good to look at things positively and without prejudice 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Always good to look at things positively and without prejudice 

I have been relatively restrained in my comments. Unless you think I should be constantly praising IOMG like a good subject. I doff my hat to Crookall, Rob Callister, Robinson and Longworth et al, who are doing such a wonderful job. I am sure those potholes will be fixed immediately upon being flagged up by the app. 

It would be nice to know whether a Manx Firm created the App, and English Firm or was the App created in-house/Government? After all I and other taxpayers have paid for it.

Edited by 2112

29 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I have been relatively restrained in my comments. Unless you think I should be constantly praising IOMG like a good subject. I doff my hat to Crookall, Rob Callister, Robinson and Longworth et al, who are doing such a wonderful job. I am sure those potholes will be fixed immediately upon being flagged up by the app. 

It would be nice to know whether a Manx Firm created the App, and English Firm or was the App created in-house/Government? After all I and other taxpayers have paid for it.

It just seems people on here like to assume the worst, which i guess is understandable given the history. 

But I couldn't be bothered to have such venom and spite over a flippin new App. 

Maybe it will be the first of a new batch of successful DOI initiatives🥳

10 minutes ago, cissolt said:

It was created by a UK company.  We have loads of IT companies capable of creating a simple app, why are we allowing this work to go off island?

https://www.notifytechnology.com/case-studies/isle-of-man-government/

Maybe its off the shelf and doesn't have to be built from bottom up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe its off the shelf and doesn't have to be built from bottom up

I don't know.  If you look at the Notify website, what they mainly supply is incident management software[1] and similar health and safety uses, so they are not the obvious people to produce environmental reporting stuff.  Especially when there is other software such as FixMyStreet which does.

[1]  The 'IM' in NotifyIM has nothing to do with the Isle of Man, it stands for incident management.  Though you can't help wondering if the DoI saw the IM and thought "That's the one for us, fellas!".

• Haha 2

It is just a mobile app that is now in addition to the web app you could report stuff on your PC.

Its okay but if they don't have the staff to fix  stuff there is little point in reporting it.

Mat eof mine said they were up to about 4,000+ defect reports they had logged but could only do about 1,000 a year if that is all they did?