Bridgewater

Ramseyboi

Not practicing what they preached?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=36838&headline=Panorama names island-based company in its "Paradise Papers" investigation&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

"Despite this Bridgewaters takes any allegation of wrongdoing extremely seriously. Unlike the ICIJ which appears to be accountable to nobody, Bridgewaters operates in a regulated sector and like all professional organisations in that sector, is subject to frequent regulatory checks and it is committed to achieving the high standards set by its regulators. It is also committed to the highest standards of client service and confidentiality."

10 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

So what does this company actually do? The description of financial services and trusts sound really wishy washy. What does it do in the real world?

Same as they all do. Except they got fingered.

You ain't from around these parts boy, are you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

So what does this company actually do? The description of financial services and trusts sound really wishy washy. What does it do in the real world?

Financial services and trusts.  You answered your own question.  It is clear for all to see 😂

Loads of jobs for payroll and umbrella businesses listed lately.  They make these boys look whiter then white.

I would rather work in gambling.

OUCH !!  maybe deserved I have no idea. From speaking to people in the finance sector however, it seems the FSA have changed up a gear and focused on fining people where possible. Of course that may be a good thing in regulatory terms, but cynics like me will see the drivers as revenue raising for Government waste and largesse, bit like the MOT !!.

Sorry just sayin !!

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Not sure their compliance function does seem to have been spectacularly s**t. 

And to be fair the former Insurance and Pensions Authority here had as much bite as my granny without her dentures in, so a lot of firms used to take the piss large safe in the knowledge they would get away with it.

42 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

And to be fair the former Insurance and Pensions Authority here had as much bite as my granny without her dentures in, so a lot of firms used to take the piss large safe in the knowledge they would get away with it.

This firm looks like it’s a company, trust and fund admin so entirely a situation for the FSA so not sure how relevant your IPA mention is. Makes you wonder how long it’s last inspection was if things are so bad? Lack of a conflicts policy (where people clearly have conflicted roles) and failure to risk rate and monitor business are fundamental failings. There’s very few left not even doing the basics like that I’d suggest.

Interesting that the company website that’s now disappeared from the internet. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

10 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Financial services and trusts.  You answered your own question.  It is clear for all to see 😂

Loads of jobs for payroll and umbrella businesses listed lately.  They make these boys look whiter then white.

I would rather work in gambling.

Yeah but there's a ton of companies here who claim to do that. What is it they actually do?