Elect ric Railway

hissingsid

What is this recent obsession with RGB LED lighting?

Just because it can be done does not mean it looks good. You can imagine the DOI brainstorming meeting that came up with this tacky mess.............

This is a prime example of that not to mention the "Heritage" angle, remind me again what is the selling point of our railways? Cutting edge, bright lights or old?

8 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Just because it can be done does not mean it looks good. You can imagine the DOI brainstorming meeting that came up with this tacky mess.............

This is a prime example of that not to mention the "Heritage" angle, remind me again what is the selling point of our railways? Cutting edge, bright lights or old?

I bloody hate it, but it’s the way we’re going on all lighting from now on. Beautiful old buildings back lit in red and blue. Bloody awful. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

are we not we moving away from the theme of the original  Manx Electric Railway , whereby  in keeping ,the lights were white ,same applies with all the blue plastic drain covers on the track and the concrete sleepers ,   all the unique historic  features are almost gone , just the trams themselves  left and I wonder when we will see alterations there which detract  form  the original .    Steam Railway has gone the same way automatic barriers clanging bells , Port Erin Station  has been ruined with Chinese stone and stainless steel barriers , it will be interesting the see what the  died in the wool railway enthusiasts  say when we open up again and they see what has been done in the name of progress ,

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

are we not we moving away from the theme of the original  Manx Electric Railway , whereby  in keeping ,the lights were white ,same applies with all the blue plastic drain covers on the track and the concrete sleepers ,   all the unique historic  features are almost gone , just the trams themselves  left and I wonder when we will see alterations there which detract  form  the original .    Steam Railway has gone the same way automatic barriers clanging bells , Port Erin Station  has been ruined with Chinese stone and stainless steel barriers , it will be interesting the see what the  died in the wool railway enthusiasts  say when we open up again and they see what has been done in the name of progress ,

They'll be electrifying the bloody trams next!