Panic at Harrods

Manx17

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I have been loads of times dropping off anything from rubble / plasterboard , old window frames and numerous general items. All range of building materials tbh. Citroen Berlingo van and never had a issue . One old guy had a look in the bach once , filled with builders tools etc and didn't bat a eyelid. So my experiences have been good tbh.

And some others haven’t.  Hey Ho.

I do believe they have ANPR so it might flag if people are frequent visitors?  

48 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Tels?  That is where all our commercial waste goes and we get charged for it

Obviously trades people should be charged and pass on those charges.

But surely it would make better sense environmentally for it to be collected centrally closer to source? And what's the point of farming it out to a private company, I wonder.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Obviously trades people should be charged and pass on those charges.

But surely it would make better sense environmentally for it to be collected centrally closer to source? And what's the point of farming it out to a private company, I wonder.

From an environmental point of view I would need to be convinced that less road miles (most trades work all over the island anyway) would cancel out the extra diggers, staff travelling to work, heating and lighting etc of running multiple sites.

It is probably sourced to a proper business rather than government to stop it being a massive drain on the taxpayer 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 5:45 PM, hissingsid said:

Not just them the western tip asks for proof you live in the locality, apparently.

No they don't. They have never asked me. They used to do many years ago when all the amenity sites were locally governed.