Jump to content

Doctors of Madness


The Voice of Reason
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

OK. Where should I start?

First album. “Late night movies all night brainstorms”

The aforementioned track Mainlines but it’s 15 mins long so maybe “ Billy watch out” to start.

I believe they did appear on the Twiggy show. Dave Vanian, once of the Damned was a member for a while.

Im afraid I can’t comment on Richard Strange’s teeth.

But they were ace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

First album. “Late night movies all night brainstorms”

The aforementioned track Mainlines but it’s 15 mins long so maybe “ Billy watch out” to start.

I believe they did appear on the Twiggy show. Dave Vanian, once of the Damned was a member for a while.

Im afraid I can’t comment on Richard Strange’s teeth.

But they were ace

I listened.  Perhaps I need longer to get into them. There’s certainly shades of early Pink Floyd in there, but with less of a soundscape, and some rockier, even punkier elements. I’ll keep them in the playlist for a bit. 
 

In return for your recommendation I’ll give you one.  Listen to ‘The Mountain’ by Haken.  An utterly brilliant 3rd album, and their peak in my opinion. If you like it go back one and try ‘Visions’.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

I listened.  Perhaps I need longer to get into them. There’s certainly shades of early Pink Floyd in there, but with less of a soundscape, and some rockier, even punkier elements. I’ll keep them in the playlist for a bit. 
 

In return for your recommendation I’ll give you one.  Listen to ‘The Mountain’ by Haken.  An utterly brilliant 3rd album, and their peak in my opinion. If you like it go back one and try ‘Visions’.

Ok thanks. I’ll give it a listen and report back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

I listened.  Perhaps I need longer to get into them. There’s certainly shades of early Pink Floyd in there, but with less of a soundscape, and some rockier, even punkier elements. I’ll keep them in the playlist for a bit. 
 

In return for your recommendation I’ll give you one.  Listen to ‘The Mountain’ by Haken.  An utterly brilliant 3rd album, and their peak in my opinion. If you like it go back one and try ‘Visions’.

I've just listened to The Mountain while I did some sketching and it was very nice to have in the background. I'll try Visions this evening, and I may even give VoR's suggestions a go. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I've just listened to The Mountain while I did some sketching and it was very nice to have in the background. I'll try Visions this evening, and I may even give VoR's suggestions a go. Thanks!

You’ll appreciate Visions more by listening to the lyrics too. It’s a concept album. The Mountain is very thematic, but the songs can better stand alone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

You’ll appreciate Visions more by listening to the lyrics too. It’s a concept album. The Mountain is very thematic, but the songs can better stand alone. 

I’ve now had chance to listen to “The Mountain “

To be honest I thought I was 13 again. A case of ELP meets Genesis meets Yes ( well Rick Wakeman at least)

I found it good enough in itself though.

Having been fortunate enough to be 16 in 1977 when Never Mind the Bollocks and the Clash’s debut album came out I found them very much to be of their time. I’m not sure if some band came out with something similar now I would be as blown away. Maybe it’s just me being older, which is why I would stick with the likes of DOM rather than a modern version of the same thing.

That said I do seek out new stuff which I can enjoy, London Grammar for example.

Anyway thanks for the introduction and I will give “Visions” a listen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...