Beginning of the end for Boris Johnson

Shake me up Judy

Had a chuckle whilst watching the prospective candidates on tonight's ITV special. When the gaggle were asked to put their hands up if anyone of them, if elected, would give Boris a job, no-one put their hand up...😄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Oh and it’s not free but a Google search will certainly tell you it’s political leanings

To be fair, it’s has a left-wing perspective. There needs to be media that has perspective whether right-wing or left. All sides need to work through their political thinking before it becomes policy and sometimes it needs to be done from a particular perspective. It also helps hold the other side to account. 

Having a perspective doesn’t invalidate everything written in a newspaper or magazine, provided it’s journalism standards are sufficient, but should be kept in mind when reading.

I think people are too quick to dismiss say the Guardian, The Times, New Statesmen, or Economist as if they’re the Mail or the Mirror. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Declan said:

To be fair, it’s has a left-wing perspective. There needs to be media that has perspective whether right-wing or left. All sides need to work through their political thinking before it becomes policy and sometimes it needs to be done from a particular perspective. It also helps hold the other side to account. 

Having a perspective doesn’t invalidate everything written in a newspaper or magazine, provided it’s journalism standards are sufficient, but should be kept in mind when reading.

I think people are too quick to dismiss say the Guardian, The Times, New Statesmen, or Economist as if they’re the Mail or the Mirror. 

It's a fair point but the likes of the BBC is extremely unreliable.

I'm not aware of any absolutely impartial sources and it's what makes me very reluctant to read any news at all. 

The Tories have a death wish. Truss looks set to make it to the last two with Rish!

The reason there was an election taking place was because the Tories had belatedly realised The Convict was a totally dishonest narcissistic sociopath. The bar for his successor really is that low. Just tell the truth a bit more often, try not to be corrupt and pay attention to the details. But even that looked beyond most of the candidates.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/19/the-tories-have-a-death-wish-truss-looks-set-to-make-it-to-the-last-two-with-rish

With the country completely fucked over by Brexit anyway what better way to lift morale than the appalling Liz Truss as PM delivering comedy gold for the next year or so. The political sketchwriters dream candidate PMQ's would be essential viewing for anyone who wants a really good laugh before they drop into the depths of despair at the thought of our once decent country reduced to this...

The problem being, of course, is that it is the same 160k tory members who voted in the disaster that was Boris Johnson who will choose between ReadyforRishi! and the other one. Some facts about the 160k:

"According to a survey by YouGov, 54% of party members say they would rather see their own party destroyed than have Brexit not take place. Sixty-one per cent would prefer to see “significant damage to the UK economy” and 63% would consider Scotland leaving the United Kingdom to be a price worth paying to leave."

The membership is 71% male, lives in London & the South East and is comfortably off. They do have issues though. Lots think that youngsters lack sufficient respect for traditional British values, over half want the return of the death penalty etc etc.

Yes, they really are as bad as the worst stereotypes you could possibly dream up. And they're going to choose the UK's next Prime Minister. Scary stuff...

Edited by P.K.
Poor grammar

Partygate: Boris Johnson may face by-election if found to have misled MPs

• Published
    30 minutes ago

I've got my fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs all crossed hoping Boris aka #LiarJohnson has to face a by-election and gets booted out of parliament. 

We all know he lies (euphemistically called "misleading") nearly every time he opens his mouth. It's about time he faced some consequences for this deeply ingrained habit of his.
  • Thanks 1