Anyone know what’s going on with Saffron Ramsey?

The Voice of Reason

Vellikas is still the number 1 for me

They serve a number of dishes not found in your "traditional [insert quilp approved descriptive here] restaurant" but when I was visiting southern India I found a number of dishes there and tried them and found them to be of a similar standard to Vellikas (for what that is worth as I am no expert)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Vellikas is still the number 1 for me

They serve a number of dishes not found in your "traditional [insert quilp approved descriptive here] restaurant" but when I was visiting southern India I found a number of dishes there and tried them and found them to be of a similar standard to Vellikas (for what that is worth as I am no expert)

Thanks. Let’s cancel the Grosvenor and go there instead. 😄

• Haha 1

Indian restaurants up North for me lately are:

1 Saffron - Superb every one of the 6 times we went while they were open in groups of 2 to 18.

2 The one that used to be Jean Pierres. - service a bit curt, but food good and a bit different

3 Vellikas - only ever been average when I have been.

All based on the last few weeks.  I think Vellikas is down on how good it used to be.

Rumour is Saffron was due to open again today after work permit issues.  No idea if it has or not but I hope so as it was superb and shoprite next door for wine.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Thoughts on the best Indians in Doolish? 

A friend has ordered a couple of take-aways from Ghandi recently when I've been visiting.  It's not offensive, but also nothing to write home about. 

The Street Kitchen on Prospect Hill is surprisingly good, but unfortunately only open for lunch. 

The new place, Orange Indya seems to be garnering consistently good reviews. Castle Street, the “cultural quarter”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Tea Junction, Star Grill, Orange Indya, New Hong Kong, Sam Webb’s. All the world is there.

Henderson and Glass are now there too and they’re a bit of alright. They care about their coffee and it shows.  I had probably one of the best flat whites ever in there a couple of weeks ago. And a dirty chai that was to die for. Coffee all day and cocktails all night. It’s always packed and I think they are onto a winner. 

• Like 1