Best invention?

doc.fixit

On 1/3/2022 at 1:35 PM, Roxanne said:

I bet her feet aren’t as smooth as mine. 

She is probably never on them. 

There was a doc a year or so ago that argued that the single most important invention for health was soap.  It was quite a revelation when you think about it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gladys said:

There was a doc a year or so ago that argued that the single most important invention for health was soap.  It was quite a revelation when you think about it. 

Pretty remarkable/disturbing that at the start of the current pandemic everyone had to be reminded to wash their hands with soap and water!  Who the hell wasn't doing this anyway?

Frankly I am not going back to shaking hands after all this!

The atlatl (spear thrower).  Probably one of humans first mechanical inventions.  Allowing them the ability to take down much larger animals at greater (safer) range which could provide meat for a whole tribe for days therefore allowing time to expend upon other activities, rather than just hunting.

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have inventions ever done for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, x-in-man said:

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have inventions ever done for us?

Made really good films that are still funny over 40 years on?

• Like 1