The Passing of John Quinn

Derek Flint

31 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Sad news from the Island of the Attorney General’s death at just 67.

i always found him most amenable and affable in his role. 

I knew him in a few roles, including AG.

I always found him amenable, affable, sensible and good at his job - also pleasant to be around, a nice guy.

A sad loss.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Reading @rachomicstwitter it seems so.

I think she could probably have left it a day or two before going on a public rant but hey ho

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I think she could probably have left it a day or two before going on a public rant but hey ho

Sorry don't want to hijack the thread, but had a read of those tweets, she is crackers. Quite insensitive 

RIP John. Didn't know him but says a lot about a person by the condolences they receive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

I knew his mum and dad and John as a young lad, he always stopped to chat. Feel so sorry for his family.   RIP John x

Did they live in Mona Street or Albert Street at one time? I'm sure I remember him as a lad.

I think it was Mona Street, one of the streets off Bucks Road, Jimmy, his dad was a chiropodist, lovely man and loved singing as did his mum Josie, both members of choirs.   Lovely family, his brother and sisters will be devastated as well as his closer family, John was the eldest.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think it was Mona Street, one of the streets off Bucks Road, Jimmy, his dad was a chiropodist, lovely man and loved singing as did his mum Josie, both members of choirs.   Lovely family, his brother and sisters will be devastated as well as his closer family, John was the eldest.

John was like  many more  of a generation  local advocates who made good ,  never flustered  always helpful and very precise   and never forgot himself , 

His parents were loverly people ,  and John worked hard in his young days ,from a humble beginnings   to get his qualifications , 

I had the pleasure  of working with him for several years ,  and always found him  a decent  and honourable man , who would always shed a tear of sympathy on the failings of  another fellow man ,   and at the same  be the first to offer support and support 

• Like 2