Storage showing up but not

So I recently upgraded part of my setup including a new motherboard, SSD, and ram. I booted up the new SSD with the old 1 still in, downloaded fresh windows on the new SSD and now I cant seem to access my old files easily on the old SSDs. I can't search for files I want on those drives through the windows search bar, it just doesn't find the files, but when I search in the drive in my file folder https://9apps.ooo/, I can find everything on the drive. It usually takes a few seconds but its like it repairs the copy and redownloads what I want onto the SSD. All of the SSDS files are healthy I verified them through disk management. But I just cant seem to find as to why these files don't exist unless I directly search through them.

Edited by kibanjain

15 minutes ago, kibanjain said:

So I recently upgraded part of my setup including a new motherboard, SSD, and ram. I booted up the new SSD with the old 1 still in, downloaded fresh windows on the new SSD and now I cant seem to access my old files easily on the old SSDs. I can't search for files I want on those drives through the windows search bar, it just doesn't find the files, but when I search in the drive in my file folder, I can find everything on the drive. It usually takes a few seconds but its like it repairs the copy and redownloads what I want onto the SSD. All of the SSDS files are healthy I verified them through disk management. But I just cant seem to find as to why these files don't exist unless I directly search through them.

The folders are probably hidden on the old SSD.

image.png.a9b57d98cb18ddbcb5f7249ac89282a1.png

• Thanks 1

It sounds like Windows isn't indexing the other drives.

Indexing is the process it goes through to make the search able to search everything quickly, when you're going into the drive, it's searching without the index.

You can add the second/third etc. drives to the index by following these steps.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/search-second-hard-drive-windows