Roundel Live

Amadeus

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I am a decent cook.  It doesn’t mean I don’t accept I still have a lot to learn and that other people have plenty of additional knowledge and experience I could benefit from.

I do not think that driving on the IoM requires the haute cuisine of motoring ability.

Drive at a reasonable speed and look where you are going - that's about it.

The equivalent of putting a slice of bread in the toaster. I can do that.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

And there you go.

Some people are sensible enough to appreciate that they would benefit from refresher training in nearly every task they undertake at some point.  Others are so arrogant as to think they know it all.

I am a decent cook.  It doesn’t mean I don’t accept I still have a lot to learn and that other people have plenty of additional knowledge and experience I could benefit from.

The same applies to driving, golf, and in fact my professional life.

Anyone who thinks they couldn’t learn anything that would make them a better, safer driver should be taken off the road.  In my humble opinion anyway.

It is your opinion. Humble .. not so much.  Take a breather .. the world is full of folk with lots of differing abilities and opinions and they may be different to yours, does not make them less able or a lesser person. 

• Like 1

Just now, daisy said:

It is your opinion. Humble .. not so much.  Take a breather .. the world is full of folk with lots of differing abilities and opinions and they may be different to yours, does not make them less able or a lesser person. 

I’d say it makes them a more able person. But as you say it’s a matter of opinion.

• Like 1

I make a lovely Beef  Wellington.

I would be more than happy to share my recipe with you.

Just now, CrazyDave said:

Cool.

Happy to accept you might be able to teach me something because I am crap at pastry.

Fancy a driving lesson in return?

Not from you I’m afraid. I’m not crap at driving but thanks for the offer.

Maybe you have the edge  on me on interior design and can offer me some tips in return.