Roundel Live

Amadeus

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It is but tbh the roundels have worked out better than so many thought. Have no problems with them but yes have to be more aware of the vehicles who are going straight though but no big deal.

They only work as people treat them like roundabouts, even though we were told not to do that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It is but tbh the roundels have worked out better than so many thought. Have no problems with them but yes have to be more aware of the vehicles who are going straight though but no big deal.

I think the majority of people thought they would work think it was just the usual doom mongers who were predicting record crashes and deaths 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Bollock's, work fine as a roundabout. Suppose you have two tossers deciding to just go straight through, and I mean coming down broadway and turning left when you just come sailing across from sea terminal direction. Both shouting I have right of way.

Then they should both keep going at about five mph and just pass each other.

Anyone who stops to “give way” should be banned from the road as should anyone who expects anyone else to stop to give way to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Anyone who treats them like a roundabout should be buried in the new sea wall.

I, and everyone who have ever seen using them, treat them as a roundabout which in effect they are. Works a treat and has done for the few years they have been in operation.

How else should you treat them?

• Haha 1

They work well when people treat them as roundabouts, but they are actually unmarked junctions (according to the Manx cops) where nobody has priority and are therefore a bit of a free for all.

When someone doesn't give way to the right on one of these things and there's damage...be interesting to see how insurance companies will work out 'who is at fault'.

I think it's only precisely because people treat them as roundabouts that this probably hasn't come up yet.

When the new Manx highway code eventually comes out, it will be interesting to see if they are mentioned and classed as unmarked junctions - and the result is a highway code that actually starts causing accidents. Personally, I bet there won't be a mention of 'roundels' in the new one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

They work well when people treat them as roundabouts, but they are actually unmarked junctions (according to the Manx cops) where nobody has priority and are therefore a bit of a free for all.

When someone doesn't give way to the right on one of these things and there's damage...be interesting to see how insurance companies will work out 'who is at fault'.

I think it's only precisely because people treat them as roundabouts that this probably hasn't come up yet.

When the new Manx highway code eventually comes out, it will be interesting to see if they are mentioned and classed as unmarked junctions - and the result is a highway code that actually starts causing accidents. Personally, I bet there won't be a mention of 'roundels' in the new one.

It does rather beg the question, why didn’t they just use orthodox roundabouts there?