Agent will sell your house for £750

Mr Penfold

I have never had an estate agent that did anything more than walk through, perhaps give a few tips to make the place more attractive and give an estimate of what to ask for.   Surveyors are a different story altogether.  In the day there were only two or three estate agents now there are probably too many sharing the same pie.    If you have a look in the windows of the two in Victoria St. the prices will take your breathe away and these are the ones they are concentrating on.

• Like 2

Charging to find a buyer for a property - badly.

This system is still doing that, but you know what you are going to get for the price you pay.  You are less likely to complain.   

Only on the IOM can a company reduce its price and people complain! 😂 

Seems a smart move form them and as people have said it's already in the UK, they are just the ones clever enough to be the first to do it here

Edited by ManxKnowledge
Spelling

The trouble with a flat fee rather than one based on % of sale price is that there is more incentive for the agent to sell the property quickly  rather than getting the best prices for the vendor.

15 minutes ago, ManxKnowledge said:

Only on the IOM can a company reduce its price and people complain! 😂 

Seems a smart move form them and as people have said it's already in the UK, they are just the ones clever enough to be the first to do it here

Thanks Orry.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

Is young Orry's ould fella now a Lord?

Young Orry has put me right, David isn't a Lord, it's a humorous golfy thing if anyone was confused.

Good on the young fella for trying this initiative, it is a significant saving for those selling a house under that threshold - I bet there are a few other Estate Agents thinking they have missed an opportunity, or perhaps they were simply too greedy to offer this saving?

As (he🤔🤣) mentioned above, 'only in the IOM can a company reduce its price and people complain' 🤣🤣

Good on you young Orry👏👏

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Travel agent anyone can do.

Estate Agents are qualified individuals that spend years getting their certifications. Surveyors won't be going anywhere which is ultimately what most agents are.

Only on the Isle of Man. And then I think it is only one person needs to be duly qualified.

we too 15 months to sell on the island and it was only in the spike of the end of first lockdown we gained traction. Over here we used an agent for our sale of the first house we bought. Good advice, great marketing, managed three offers for us and achieved the asking price within 10 days. 

The agent we bought through for our current house put the hard yards in as go between on what was quite a challenging purchase. That said, there is still too much obfuscation, smoke and mirrors and caveat emptor. When you are spending upwards of half a million quid, you really do need to be able to view more than once! I’ve spent more time choosing socks!

surveyors are a waste of time to a degree too. I sent in a plumber and a sparky to check that stuff and a damp and timber report. I could work Out the rest myself.