Pets in Flats..?

quilp

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

When you see the amount of dog muck left  on pavements and around the island,  you can understand why landlords won’t allow pets into their properties. As many don’t seem to mind living among dog muck, I wouldn’t like to see there living accommodation that’s for sure .

Surely all the dog muck on the Pavements is a bit less for the rented house and garden. Win Win

3 hours ago, Kopek said:

I think there is far less crap on pavements in the last 5 years. When you do see crap in the same area frequently, it's probably one Dog owner not picking up?

When I was a kid, going home with dog shit on your shoes was part of growing up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What makes me laugh on the FB desperation calls are the shite platitudes that are aimed at convincing Landlords to allow pets “well behaved” “sleeps all day” “outdoor cat” “previous landlord will give references” etc etc 

If your dog pisses on a carpet work on £500 per room to replace add 25% for piss riddled underlay - then add up the rooms. Your well behaved pet is potentially causing £2500 worth of repairs- are pet owners prepared to put that up as a deposit for a £900 mews house.

The proposed legislation is looking to limit deposit levels to protect tenants not the landlord - one of a number of poorly thought out clauses that directly impacts property owners who will pass on potential costs to tenants.

The registration fees and other cost’s included in the proposal will also be passed on to the end user pushing up rental costs

Rents will go up and the Government will bury their heads in the sand.

If I see a FB plea saying “Fur Babies” the question is - Did you procreate with a Labrador”

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Rob Callister cancelled the TT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Surely all the dog muck on the Pavements is a bit less for the rented house and garden. Win Win

Well I always think, if pet owners can be that filthy outside, I don’t think they will be any better inside. 

Edited by Manx17

• 5 months later...

Pets in a flat have long been a non-issue. If you or your child would like a pet but live in an apartment, there is an alternative. Short-haired or adapted to the role of emotional support, animals will serve as the perfect option for you. At this website, esaregistration.org, you can register an emotional support pet, which will greatly help your daily life. It will give you access to a whole new community and a wealth of information, and the pet will serve as a great friend and support for your child without harm.

Edited by Tymuss