Jump to content

Russia


Sentience
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

But what about the ones which aren't in the open?  How many MPs are in receipt of cash from Russian or pro-Russian sources to lobby on their behalf? 

Even with the known ones the Tory Cabinet seems to be heavily supported by Russian money

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/tom-swarbrick/minister-defends-russia-linked-donations-to-tory-party-by-chernukhin/

And will they on principle, be giving all their Russian donations back (or to charities or to Ukraine)? (rhetorical question, of course)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's see how far Boris is prepared to go now in imposing sanctions on Russian money in the City and elsewhere in the UK. My guess is that there'll be even more bullshit and evasion than there was over Partygate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Cyber attacks are inevitable, the Russians are the best hackers in the world. We're fucked mate. Go listen to the song I sent you x

I dunno about that, they're one of the most liberal with their cyber attacks, but other countries have equal/better hackers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I dunno about that, they're one of the most liberal with their cyber attacks, but other countries have equal/better hackers.

They’ve built a spy ship with the sole purpose of identifying and cutting undersea cables. It’s been hovering over the trans Atlantic cable for weeks.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/08/russian-spy-ship-yantar-loitering-near-trans-atlantic-internet-cables/

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

They’ve built a spy ship with the sole purpose of identifying and cutting undersea cables. It’s been hovering over the trans Atlantic cable for weeks.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/08/russian-spy-ship-yantar-loitering-near-trans-atlantic-internet-cables/

Yep, Russia's approach all over. Not particularly sophisticated (though some of their cyber attacks are), but they just don't give a fuck about getting caught doing something wrong so they don't have to be sophisticated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

They've gone and done it and invaded then.

Assassinate Putin.

This is the end of Putin, politically. He's now persona non-grata with most of the world. His only support comes from similar unstable leaders like Lukashenko.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

In relation to the Island, I hope that Alf and senior figures in Government are proactive on this. I'd be getting the FSC in for starters (Today) to get some idea of how much Russian money, in whatever form, is on the Island. 

Let's hope they're not ringing Allan Bell for advice... 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

This is the end of Putin, politically. He's now persona non-grata with most of the world. His only support comes from similar unstable leaders like Lukashenko.

And Trump. Don’t forget Trump. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...