Russia

Sentience

11 minutes ago, 2bees said:

It wouldn't have got this far if he'd still been in charge, say what you like he was a good peacemaker. Biden is not.

I'm just going to listen to The Orb until this is all over. 

Trump said it’s a brilliant move by Putin. He is in favour of the invasion.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 2bees said:

It wouldn't have got this far if he'd still been in charge, say what you like he was a good peacemaker. Biden is not.

I'm just going to listen to The Orb until this is all over. 

Trump was in bed with Russia, China and North Korea...  

I see he has hailed Putin as a "genius" https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/23/trump-putin-genius-russia-ukraine-crisis

and claimed that this would not have happened had he been President.  I suspect that is because he would have ignored Russia taking control of parts of the Ukraine and would probably have moved to disband NATO at the request of Putin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

say what you like he was a good peacemaker

Bees behave.

That man could start a fight in an empty house. 

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

I’m just going to listen to The Orb until this is all over.

See you in 2026. 

• Like 1

The traitorous nature of Brexit is now clearly revealed. Russia has funded and encouraged right wing stooges, money launderers and other criminals to weaken Europe and spout his disinformation - Farage is still at it today, blaming NATO for Russian murder and aggression in a sovereign state, The Conservative party and its fellow travellers are in hock to Russia, and the UK has been left as a squawking irrelevance as the US and EU take the real decisions, the north of Ireland is destabilised, Scotland is likely to vote itself out of the union, and the economy will nosedive. Divide and conquer wins again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ve just caught Volodymyr Zelenskyy's plea to the Russian people. He says (rightly) that it will not be broadcast in Russia but appeals to them to let their fellow citizens know of it.

Quite heartbreaking to listen to. Sincere, from the heart and unmistakably emotional.

He’s right, the only chance of stopping this is with the people rising up to say no. I hope he succeeds. 

• Like 3

Just now, manxman34 said:

The traitorous nature of Brexit is now clearly revealed. Russia has funded and encouraged right wing stooges, money launderers and other criminals to weaken Europe and spout his disinformation - Farage is still at it today, blaming NATO for Russian murder and aggression in a sovereign state, The Conservative party and its fellow travellers are in hock to Russia, and the UK has been left as a squawking irrelevance as the US and EU take the real decisions, the north of Ireland is destabilised, Scotland is likely to vote itself out of the union, and the economy will nosedive. Divide and conquer wins again.

But none of that matters so long as the 1% are still making money. It bloody stinks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve just caught Volodymyr Zelenskyy's plea to the Russian people. He says (rightly) that it will not be broadcast in Russia but appeals to them to let their fellow citizens know of it.

Quite heartbreaking to listen to. Sincere, from the heart and unmistakably emotional.

He’s right, the only chance of stopping this is with the people rising up to say no. I hope he succeeds. 

Unfortunately, they are arresting them almost immediately, as I saw on newsreel from Moscow just now. His security are teaming about everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

But none of that matters so long as the 1% are still making money. It bloody stinks. 

Yep. Follow the money...all talk of democracy, workers rights, levelling up, freedom, sunlit uplands...just a smokecreen for personal greed and ego fulfillment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

The Russians have taken Chernobyl, and Hostomel airport (which is 20km from Kyiv). Kyiv probably falls overnight.

Yep, read the same. Lets hope no mishap befalls the other active nuclear plants.😬

It's a difficult situation in the Ukraine, given that around 44-46% speak Russian in the home, in the two areas particularly in dispute, 97% of the population are Russophones.

Western media don't seem to be asking them how they feel about it all. 

• Like 1