DBC Megathread

Max Power

Douglas Town Council is a laughing stock, the worst council in years and now the toilet debacle.    The chap that was on today explained that the TT people would not have to pay, so that is alright 🥵 but after the festival is over the public will have to find 20p every time they need to relieve themselves, people have not got pockets full of change anymore.   However if the splash thing is operating the toilets are free….how is that going to work 🙄  you could not make it up.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:29 PM, Manx17 said:

It will as they are going to the papers. I’ve actually took the person off the streets. So it is not hearsay and yes they were taken to court for the garden. 

Did they go to the papers? 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did they go to the papers? 

I’m not sure I haven’t spoken to them in a while. I got told today by their old neighbour that . The belongings of the person have been put out into the street where people have been helping themselves. It’s been raining so I don’t think anything will be salvageable of what’s left.  As they are sofa surfing I don’t think they would be able to put it anywhere anyway. Still not great, not when they don’t bat an eyelid when it comes to the sunken gardens. That rates have been paid to be taken care off.

Edited by Manx17
  • Thanks 1

I went to Shaws Brow car park toilet yesterday armed with 20 pence coins but only had to push the door and it opened, so got a freebie.

To be honest I don’t begrudge 20pence, ( have you seen the price of toilet paper lately?) and if it goes towards a more pleasant lavatorial experience I’m all for it

25 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I went to Shaws Brow car park toilet yesterday armed with 20 pence coins but only had to push the door and it opened, so got a freebie.

To be honest I don’t begrudge 20pence, ( have you seen the price of toilet paper lately?) and if it goes towards a more pleasant lavatorial experience I’m all for it

How long were you thinking of staying?

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Is it the same girl still working the toilets then ?? Some mileage on her !! 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

More staff for the Corporate Plan?

Screenshot_20220602-141942_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
ETA Tidied screenshot up

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

More staff for the Corporate Plan?

Screenshot_20220602-141942_Facebook.jpg

with this job description  it looks like it will be 40p to have a pee in Douglas   I bet the salary is over £50k  and only the assistant ! , still he will be needed when the weekly bin collection stops and all the bin bags   start appearing in the back lanes  ,and rubbish starts to get dumped everywhere , but never mind  we will have a separate bin for green waste ,even if you have no where to keep it , or only  have a postage stamp of a garden 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I bet the salary is over £50k  and only the assistant ! , still he will be needed when the weekly bin collection stops and all the bin bags   start appearing in the back lanes  ,and rubbish starts to get dumped everywhere , but never mind  we will have a separate bin for green waste ,even if you have no where to keep it , or only  have a postage stamp of a garden 

According to the Courier:

image.png.3d88c99304e038ee7512b23e3f5160e8.png

£62,881- £71,345 according to the Courier.  Obviously you can't expect the actual Chief Officer (Environmental) of one of the world's great megacities like Douglas to do anything - they're far too important for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

According to the Courier:

image.png.3d88c99304e038ee7512b23e3f5160e8.png

£62,881- £71,345 according to the Courier.  Obviously you can't expect the actual Chief Officer (Environmental) of one of the world's great megacities like Douglas to do anything - they're far too important for that.

FFS that’s literally a ludicrous salary. If that’s the Deputy I wonder what the head is on? F**king ludicrous detached from reality post. Running a couple of bin wagons and supplies. 

• Thanks 1

Think you’re all misconstruing the job description. There isn’t a Chief Officer ( Environment ).

This post is head of “Environmental” services.

Chief Officer with be the Town Clerk position. Then the heads of the various operational divisions will be Assistant Chief Officer followed by the departmental name. 

Of course the Council website is silent about the identity of its Chief Officer, or heads and descriptions of the various departments. Totally opaque. Suspect they’ll claim GDPR, but it’s a nonsense excuse. 

Come on @Amadeus get it sorted in the name of transparency, openness, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Think you’re all misconstruing the job description. There isn’t a Chief Officer ( Environment ).

Chief Officer with be the Town Clerk position. Then the heads of the various operational divisions will be Assistant Chief Officer followed by the departmental name. 

Technically the ACO(E) isn't assistant to a Chief Officer (Environmental), but the job description make it clear that they are there to 'support' the Director of Environment and Regeneration who is one of the three Directors who report to the CEO/Town Clerk.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Of course the Council website is silent about the identity of its Chief Officer, or heads and descriptions of the various departments. Totally opaque. Suspect they’ll claim GDPR, but it’s a nonsense excuse. 

Come on @Amadeus get it sorted in the name of transparency, openness, etc.

This is most likely a remarkably naive and stupid question, but if the Town Clerk is the Chief Officer - which makes sense -  and this post is for Assistant Chief Officer (Environment) - which also makes sense -  then where in the hierarchy does the Director of Environment and Regeneration sit?  (ie the person this Assistant Chief is meant to be supporting.)

• Haha 1