Storm Eunice - Apology for "sexist language"

Langweilig

3 hours ago, joebean said:

It wasn’t really a joke worth making. I do, however, feel sorry for the young and the rather dull and inoffensive world they will be inheriting. When everything is equal, nothing is exceptional. 

This is further tangential to the original topic. I dont mind the equality so much as the trend towards

1) overcompensation/overrepresentation by (some of) the agrieved and 2) virtue signalling in the media (mainly there for click-bait/viewership, rather than ethical policies.) Hopefully, these are transient phenomena and it is simply the pendulum of history doing its thing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Its the usual ‘Millie Tant’ types who take offense at this sort of thing though isn’t it? Some of the Facebook comments were unbelievable. It’s amazing the frenzy that the Karen classes can get whipped into just by reading a vaguely amusing weather bulletin. It makes you wonder what they do for fun. If indeed anything. 

And there it is…

21 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm just trying to imagine what the reaction of most of the denouncers of 'woke snowflakes' would be if a similar commentary on the effects of Storm Franklin[1] included "Like most men Franklin is violent and unpredictable".

[1]  Which is actually the name allotted to the next one if/when it comes along.  Though obviously the one to be really terrified of will be its successor, Storm Gladys. 

I honestly wouldn't give a toss 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:
21 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm just trying to imagine what the reaction of most of the denouncers of 'woke snowflakes' would be if a similar commentary on the effects of Storm Franklin[1] included "Like most men Franklin is violent and unpredictable".

[1]  Which is actually the name allotted to the next one if/when it comes along.  Though obviously the one to be really terrified of will be its successor, Storm Gladys. 

I honestly wouldn't give a toss 

Well Franklin's arriving tonight - so over to you DoI putters of feet in mouths.  I'm sure if they said that it would go completely without comment by the Daily Mail and its readers.

Forgive me for being cynical, but the internet is full of people telling us how they don't care about something.  At great length.  And how terribly offended they are by other people who they have detected do care.  At even greater length.

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well Franklin's arriving tonight - so over to you DoI putters of feet in mouths.  I'm sure if they said that it would go completely without comment by the Daily Mail and its readers.

Forgive me for being cynical, but the internet is full of people telling us how they don't care about something.  At great length.  And how terribly offended they are by other people who they have detected do care.  At even greater length.

Your point is...

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yeah, well, I'll have you know my progressive activist ex-gf told me after we broke up that she had faked all her "woke-gasms"!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

People are kicking off that this next storm doesn't have a name because it won't hit London.  So all those cheery cockneys don't care enough even to give it a name because it will only hit the north where it will do £50 of damage. 

They are wrong because a) it does have a name and b) it is not Londoners who name storms but the Met Office. 

I despair. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

You asked a question I gave you the answer. 

Anyone getting their undies in a twist over this obviously have no other problems in their life but if this is what they want to spend their time on then good luck to them