Storm Eunice - Apology for "sexist language"

Langweilig

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Forgive me for being cynical, but the internet is full of people telling us how they don't care about something.  At great length.  And how terribly offended they are by other people who they have detected do care.  At even greater length.

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

People are kicking off...

They are wrong

The internet is largely populated by the sort of people who used to sit in the corner of the pub mumbling away to themselves and swivelling their eyes wildly, and were thus easily avoidable. Now of course they're harder to spot, concealed among the people who'll tell you "my opinion is just as good as yours", and "spelling and punctuation don't matter these days." For example, see IOM News & Politics.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

The internet is largely populated by the sort of people who used to sit in the corner of the pub mumbling away to themselves and swivelling their eyes wildly, and were thus easily avoidable. Now of course they're harder to spot, concealed among the people who'll tell you "my opinion is just as good as yours", and "spelling and punctuation don't matter these days." For example, see IOM News & Politics.

I heard it on MR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

You asked a question I gave you the answer. 

Anyone getting their undies in a twist over this obviously have no other problems in their life but if this is what they want to spend their time on then good luck to them 

It wasn't particularly aimed at you (you were after all admirably brief) but there do seem to be large numbers of comparatively well-off older people (mostly retired) with as you say no real problems in their lives, who spend their time waiting for the latest 'woke' 'outrage' to get all excited about.  Usually some social media comment from someone they don't know and have never heard of, which the conventional media have decided to distort and denounce.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It wasn't particularly aimed at you (you were after all admirably brief) but there do seem to be large numbers of comparatively well-off older people (mostly retired) with as you say no real problems in their lives, who spend their time waiting for the latest 'woke' 'outrage' to get all excited about.  Usually some social media comment from someone they don't know and have never heard of, which the conventional media have decided to distort and denounce.

Oh the irony…

• Like 2