Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months

offshoremanxman

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

IIRC you can buy extra years to make up a deficit but there is a max you can just pay for after the fact..   as UK and IOM NI is now separate i think if you moved here your UK NI pot would  stay in the UK rather than come with you to be robbed by tynwald.  there are now some people thanks to cock steady eddy that have more pension than they expected to get because they have what they had in  the UK ( say 25 years contributions ) and the  another 15 years here giving them 40 years on contributions rather than just the 35 years you max out on if you were solely in one jurisdiction paying in for 40 years, the last 5 years NI add nothing more to your own pension payout , you just pay it.

The NI pot is going to dry up in the next 10 - 20 years. It's very unlikely that anyone in the 20 - 35 age bracket will have much of a state pension.

The NPM reports today a theft of a pair of donated Jimmy Choo trainers from the Hospice Shop on Strand Street. The police are attributing this theft putting it down to ‘tough times’. I would say this is wrong and the police talking shit. Theft is theft, no excuses, especially stealing from a charity shop  - what next someone will steal from the Foodbank. I’m sure Hospice know who the regulars are and especially those who try clothes and footwear on. No doubt CCTV will be viewed, but I’m inclined to think that whilst someone who stole them will be on a low income or benefit claimant, they will probably have form for shoplifting. They will be receiving support from the authorities and financial support, compared to low income workers who get nothing and don’t steal, and have no criminal records.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The NPM reports today a theft of a pair of donated Jimmy Choo trainers from the Hospice Shop on Strand Street. The police are attributing this theft putting it down to ‘tough times’. I would say this is wrong and the police talking shit. Theft is theft, no excuses, especially stealing from a charity shop  - what next someone will steal from the Foodbank. I’m sure Hospice know who the regulars are and especially those who try clothes and footwear on. No doubt CCTV will be viewed, but I’m inclined to think that whilst someone who stole them will be on a low income or benefit claimant, they will probably have form for shoplifting. They will be receiving support from the authorities and financial support, compared to low income workers who get nothing and don’t steal, and have no criminal records.

The link between poverty rate and crime rate is entirely undisputed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

They stole them because Jimmy Choo's are expensive, and have a good resale price. Try Ebay, put in size and colour and follow the address. Just call me Agatha Buggane, Simples

Agree they will be easy to flog and have a good demand and re-sell value. That’s about it. Do they really think that people who are desperate wouldn’t nick them or that people who aspire to designer shoes skulk around second hand shops trying to nick them? It’s probably some smack head who saw a quick £100 down the pub selling them to someone’s girlfriend. 

Edited by Bandits

3fm has an article about Jason Moorehouse call for cost of living news conferences headed by the Chief Minister. What is getting annoying is Jason Moorehouse and IOMNP. It’s big cheese is giving Jason Moorehouse publicity. 

i can’t see how press conferences, will achieve anything, except to perhaps create a new cult of personality. 

• Like 1

It nice to see some time honoured traditions are still carried out, why stop, just because there is a crisis at home.Hopefully they will be able to deliver some cheap gas and oil from commonwealth countries, who don't seem to have our green political agendas to bankrupt their own countries.

.833720105_ScreenShot2022-08-17at20_05_07.png.bf22542da01428994bd94da05aa84a69.png

https://www.commonwealthofnations.org/?sectors=business/oil_and_gas

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Holte End said:

It nice to see some time honoured traditions are still carried out, why stop, just because there is a crisis at home.Hopefully they will be able to deliver some cheap gas and oil from commonwealth countries, who don't seem to have our green political agendas to bankrupt their own countries.

.833720105_ScreenShot2022-08-17at20_05_07.png.bf22542da01428994bd94da05aa84a69.png

https://www.commonwealthofnations.org/?sectors=business/oil_and_gas

Halifax Nova Scotia? It will be cold there. I hope it won’t be like his trip to Norway where he ended up nearly dropping anchor in poo bay off a lifeboat. 

Rob has got his priorities right , as head of motorsport he can clear off to Canada  when the islands  second biggest  motorcycle event  is about to take place ,and its never before been  under  so much threat and controversy ,the new format  , the benefit to the economy , and the the consultation for next years TT which is also causing concern  if ever there was a time to focus on whats happening on the home front , then its right now , lets get the Isle of Mans problems sorted out , before looking at everyone else's 

• Like 4