Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months

offshoremanxman

5 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Some useful workshops on Achieving Sustainable Development & holding governments to account on the climate emergency:image.thumb.png.039e4092eec5133d2ffcf806d996c449.png

But it’s Watterson, Greehill and Callister going. It’s not relevant to any of their roles at face value. Why isn’t Daphne or anyone on the Climate Chance Board going if that’s the case instead of the three stooges? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Some useful workshops on Achieving Sustainable Development & holding governments to account on the climate emergency:image.thumb.png.039e4092eec5133d2ffcf806d996c449.png

For a workshop and training to be effective and useful you need people who are capable. We haven’t got anyone capable, bright enough. 

Just now, BriT said:

But it’s Watterson, Greehill and Callister going. It’s not relevant to any of their roles at face value. Why isn’t Daphne or anyone on the Climate Chance Board going if that’s the case instead of the three stooges? 

She’s on holiday, and she won’t interrupt her holidays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, BriT said:

Flying to Canada to attend a workshop on 'holding government to account for the climate emergency'.  You couldn't make it up.

Are they offestting their carbon emissions for the trip?  Maybe some new trees in Howard's wood?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

They should have sent Ashford on Workshop A.

"Remaining Relevant at all".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

They should have sent Ashford on Workshop A.

"Remaining Relevant at all".

Isn’t it funny how little we have heard from Ashford lately though? He doesn’t seem to be that bothered about getting himself in the papers now he isn’t one of the big boys. I suspect he is a politician who is simply in it for the recognition and the status and as such he isn’t going to be an effective back-bencher for anyone who voted for him at all. 

4 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Isn’t it funny how little we have heard from Ashford lately though? He doesn’t seem to be that bothered about getting himself in the papers now he isn’t one of the big boys. I suspect he is a politician who is simply in it for the recognition and the status and as such he isn’t going to be an effective back-bencher for anyone who voted for him at all. 

Wonder what this about?

B88F3F0B-7824-42D6-844E-02A12F6646F4.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

It's the way Mr Moorhouse chooses to communicate with the GMP

Some don't bother at all

I’d suggest that this is the way Moorhouse chooses to communicate with the public. Here he is advising a constituent not to play with matches. 

48 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

I’d suggest that this is the way Moorhouse chooses to communicate with the public. Here he is advising a constituent not to play with matches. 

I dunno, I don't read his stuff

Does he have a YouTube channel?

I believe that the other day Mr Callister, who is now going off on a nice little jaunt to Canada, highlighted that one in two students don’t return to the IOM after completing their studies and that Government needs to look into the reasons.

In July 2020 a report was written by the Examiner newspaper based on a DESC FOI response. It identified that one in two students hadn’t repaid loans, that the debts weren’t being pursued in the UK and that £9m was outstanding at that time. 

Mr Callister would be better off doing the job for which he was elected rather than go on a jaunt to Canada. He should be getting to the bottom of potential issues, especially if £millions of taxpayers money could be outstanding, but instead he just throws out sound-bites to raise his public profile while doing nothing concrete.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

I believe that the other day Mr Callister, who is now going off on a nice little jaunt to Canada, highlighted that one in two students don’t return to the IOM after completing their studies and that Government needs to look into the reasons.

1,   not all the careers  that graduates wish to pursue exist on this little rock,

2,  some careers may have more local graduates available than actual vacancies on island,

3,  this  place is becoming so shit that their  higher education provides the qualifications necessary to escape the place with decent prospects and only an idiot wouldn't take that opportunity 

Edited by WTF
  • Like 4