Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months

offshoremanxman

1 hour ago, BriT said:

I see they’re now pumping out the Facebook ads to parents who are going to be conned into paying for expensive school uniforms in the next few weeks about you don’t have to buy the overpriced ones your kids school has been ripping you off for, for years! 

Which schools have been doing this?

1 minute ago, finlo said:

They all say you have to buy from 'certain' retailers.

I was never told that for my child - apart from a shirt for sport. Had to buy a tie and a blazer badge, but that was all. So which schools are doing different, because I don't think they can legally enforce it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

In Ramsey we were forced to buy from Higgies and in Douglas I believe it was Gary Corniels (spelling).

Promenade Shirts on Queens Prom have a tie up currently with lots of the schools as a dedicated supplier . They do a bomb with school wear and embroidered logo's . Currently have a pop up shop in Strand street to deal with demand. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, finlo said:

In Ramsey we were forced to buy from Higgies and in Douglas I believe it was Gary Corniels (spelling).

Don't forget Syred's 😂

On 8/13/2022 at 8:23 AM, 2112 said:

You would honestly think that  IOMG employ senior intelligent civil servants capable of doing precise calculation? Obviously not! Mind you it wasn’t the only financial miscalculation that IOMG have made  - anyone remember the airport foreign currency screwup, in which the taxpayers lost out due to negligence? It seems IOMG only employ the best numpties, which others won’t!

IOM Statistics did notice and correct the calculation error for Living Wage regarding the cost of children. It is embarrassing that this error was not spotted sooner.

What have the statistics staff got to do with 'airport' foreign exchange? Please can you provide the reference also. I vaguely remember a similar MEA episode more than a decade ago but not one at the airport  MEA reports deficit of £24 million - Manx Radio

On 8/13/2022 at 7:39 AM, Bandits said:

Honestly you can’t justify a £19.5 million overspent two months in. That’s not significant inflation in bills. It sounds like you’ve been brain washed by the idiots at the DOI already in fact. 

It does represent a significant inflation in bills during this financial year until next April, if Treasury forecasts are realistic and adjustments are not made.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 8:05 PM, BriT said:
On 8/26/2022 at 6:37 PM, manxman34 said:

Which schools have been doing this?

The DHSC has been doing it generically on Facebook.

If the DHSC have started telling parents where to buy school uniforms, they’ve definitely exceeded their brief.

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

If the DHSC have started telling parents where to buy school uniforms, they’ve definitely exceeded their brief.

They've been at it for years, not generic white shirts etc but polo tops sports outfits etc.

ETA the schools that is not the DHSC!

Edited by finlo