Residents urged to expect a very tough 12 months

offshoremanxman

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

See Onchan have recommended 0% rents rise for all their tenants including those who have holiday homes etc!! 
Onchan residents can expect a nice rise in rates to cover the shortfall!!

And businesses will no doubt be clobbered with above inflation rises! I can’t see Rob Callister thinking of the poor businesses who pay rates, rents, taxes and employ people. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, 2112 said:

And businesses will no doubt be clobbered with above inflation rises! I can’t see Rob Callister thinking of the poor businesses who pay rates, rents, taxes and employ people. 

They only think of the moaning LA tenants when they’re looking for votes. They never think of the businesses that are employing people and driving big parts of the economy. Why look for the vote of one business owner when you can get 100 votes from a load of noisy council house slack arses just by putting one post on Facebook criticizing Manx Gas? Which Callister in particular seems to have been doing a lot of. 

• Sad 1

On 9/5/2022 at 4:44 PM, Banker said:

See Onchan have recommended 0% rents rise for all their tenants including those who have holiday homes etc!! 
Onchan residents can expect a nice rise in rates to cover the shortfall!!

Wee Burney (Sturgeon) is proposing emergency legislation banning evictions, and rent rises from public and private sector housing. I predict that a politico or two within the HOK/Tynwald will be proposing this. It will be the kiss of death to IOMG and it’s attempt to house key workers as private sector landlords will continue to get out of the business. 

As reported today in Jersey, the Reform Party (similar to MLP) are proposing the same as the Scottish Government. 

Edited by 2112

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Anyone expecting Alf & Alex to freeze our gas& oil prices for 12 months like Liz?

I  Don’t 

What is Truss going to actually do? She’s basically a moron. If they put any form of price support in it’s just going to give even more profits to the energy companies who will be able to put their prices up even more knowing the government will limit the impact of any increases on their customers. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Truss is largely going to introduce the measures UK Labour has put together, according to man in the know Sebastian Payne Whitehall correspondent of the FT

Whatever Truss does will be likely embarrassing and fail on a fairly monumental level. The BBC App News updates every hour today have been really funny. It’s like they really think Truss is even vaguely competent at anything when most of the UK is basically laughing at her. 

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Whatever Truss does will be likely embarrassing and fail on a fairly monumental level. The BBC App News updates every hour today have been really funny. It’s like they really think Truss is even vaguely competent at anything when most of the UK is basically laughing at her. 

Well my first impression are far from thinking she is in anyway competent . 

I really do hope I'm wrong but would bet I'm not ...Sad times.